Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,695   Posts: 1,549,056   Online: 1033

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

Just got a Mamiya645 Super kit off ebay

I have been wrestling with what to do lately. I have the 8x10 but also want something smaller because I'm sure there will be days I feel like shooting, but don't feel like shooting 8x10. I toyed with the idea of a 35mm Bessa-r but a few people here got me thinking of the quality jump in MF, so I started combing ebay for MF kits. I settled on a used "645 Super" kit and it's mint, and it was a good price. Any quirks I should know about these? It's my first mf system

I've also broken the news to my other half and She seems to have taken it well, phew!

I've attached the ebay description and a few pics of it.

"Immaculate condition Mamiya 645 super Kit. Bought recently.Need to sell as received Hasselblad kit as gift. Original owner ran only 8-9 rolls of film.
    Camera body, 80mm f/2.8 N lens (with rubber hood), AE Prism- ALL in almost perfect condition (9+/10). 120 Back (with insert) has barely detectable mark from glue when slide holder came loose. (See Photos). Grade the back as 9/10 for that reason. Will also include cable release adapter and strap.Also original boxes for back and Camera body, and manuals for camera, AE prism. Also battery.
    Everything works perfectly, and looks beautiful !"
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 4b_12_s.jpg   eb_12_s.jpg  

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    how much was it if you dont mind me asking.
    Im toying with the idea of selling the Hasselblad system I have, to get a more monetarily manageble (read: cheaper) system that I can work on getting more lenses for.
    Mamiya RB and 645 systems are at the top of my list.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I got everything above for $590US. Probably could have found a similar kit for slightly cheaper, but this one was in such good condition I couldn't resist..

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Sweet!!

I think you'll like it Sean. Lenses and accessories are cheap on eBay.

I've put together a 645 Pro system with two bodies, winders, prisms, several backs (including a 35mm back) and nearly every lens made for it (except the ultra expensive five figure lenses) for less than $3,000 buying on eBay.

Like you said it's nice to take when you don't feel like messing with large format.

Jim

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JMoore
    Sweet!!

I think you'll like it Sean. Lenses and accessories are cheap on eBay.

I've put together a 645 Pro system with two bodies, winders, prisms, several backs (including a 35mm back) and nearly every lens made for it (except the ultra expensive five figure lenses) for less than $3,000 buying on eBay.

Like you said it's nice to take when you don't feel like messing with large format.

Jim
    Yeah it should be nice to use

As far as the "Super" goes what lens would you recommend for a 35mm-40mm (equivalent in 35mm format)? thnx

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean
    Yeah it should be nice to use

As far as the "Super" goes what lens would you recommend for a 35mm-40mm (equivalent in 35mm format)? thnx

Sean,

The 55mm f/2.8 is equivalent to a 34mm lens on a 35mm camera.

If you want to go wider the 35mm f/3.5 is equivalent to a 22mm and the 45mm f/2.8 is equivalent to a 28mm.

I have all three and they are very nice lenses.

Jim

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    the 55 sounds great, and there's one on ebay currently at $65 so will watch it. Thanks

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I bet your wife cringes whenever you say "I've been on eBay and..." hehe!

I choose a 55/2.8N because it was a bargain ($200 AUD delivered in mint condition) One good thing is my 55/80/150 set all use 58mm filters. I've been on the lookout for a 'Super to get interchangable backs and was bidding on one here but it went to high. I've got a 1000s which only has inserts (no mid roll changes)

You're getting closer and closer to joining the postcard list....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Looks like you got a great deal Sean. Have seen very used ones for a lot more than that locally.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    "You're getting closer and closer to joining the postcard list...."

absolutely actually bidding on an old box of postcard paper this week..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin