Switch to English Language Passer en langue franšaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,674   Posts: 1,481,872   Online: 1099

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Standard 250 CF's are going pretty cheap nowadays... see them for about $A800 fairly regularly. I see there's an SA on ebay for $US 6000... so more like 8 times the price! Yikes. Glad to hear there's not THAT much difference. I don't like the blue line either ;-)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Well, i am now on the hunt for a 250mm and 50mm CF FLE.

Thanks everyone for your input.

Shooter
    Large Format

Hassy 250mm

Andrew;

I'd go with the 250mm Sonnar. I've had one for about three or four years now and I really like it (very, very sharp). I bought mine off Adorama for about $250.00 which, in my estimation, was almost like stealing (it came in the original plastic case with front and rear caps......quite a find!!!).

Anyway, I'd check a variety of vendors and see where you can get the best price....(one thing to be aware of, though--parts for these lenses are becomming rather difficult to find.....but, it's still a joy to own and shoot with one while they're still around).

Later-Joe

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jreitsma View Post
    [...] Anyway, I'd check a variety of vendors and see where you can get the best price....(one thing to be aware of, though--parts for these lenses are becomming rather difficult to find.....but, it's still a joy to own and shoot with one while they're still around).
    Depends on what version you get.
    Some parts for the C lens may be getting harder to find.
    There are not such worries regarding the CF and CFi versions.

LarsHennings
    Hi, I like the C 250 but Hasselblad will not repair them since some years for they have not all the parts any longer.

Gru▀
    lars

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by LarsHennings View Post
    Hi, I like the C 250 but Hasselblad will not repair them since some years for they have not all the parts any longer.

Gru▀
    lars
    This is why I recommend the CF lenses. There are a few intrepid people with spare parts, or substitute CF parts when able, who will repair C lenses. C lenses do look cool [kewl], but they are not as easy to handle as the CF lenses. And they use those nasty B-50 filters; who wants to buy a set of B-60 filters and then a set of B-50 filters to look kewl [cool]?

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Steve,

if you think you can talk us into selling our C-lenses out of worry about service and spares, driving prices down and getting even better bargains, don't hold your breath for it.

best

Stefan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by skahde View Post
    Steve,

if you think you can talk us into selling our C-lenses out of worry about service and spares, driving prices down and getting even better bargains, don't hold your breath for it.

best

Stefan
    If you are happy with them great. If someone is new to Hasselblad, I point them to CF lenses. If someone is experienced with Hasselblads and they like C lenses, I say more power to them. I do think that the chrome lenses do look kewl [cool].

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  Ś   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin