Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,959   Posts: 1,523,030   Online: 1272

Shooter
    4x5 Format

What is This? - PARALESS-UP

In a box of assorted old stuff, I found something that is obviously a secondary lens for a twin lens reflex. The plastic case it is in says PLUS-PARALESS-UP - GRC. The upper lens says Plus Brand Paraless-Up. The bottom lens says O.K.C. Pat. Pen. 30cm - 50cm. It's obviously Japanese because the cardboard box it is in has only Japanese on it.

AH -HA I JUST DISCOVERED WHAT IT DOES. When you turn the upper lens it move its image up a down. It's a paralax adjustment. I guess the 30cm - 50cm is the distance from the camera it will adjust for. I'll have to see if it will fit on my Yashica.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    We always should take orthographic mistakes or bizarreness into account when trying to interprete product names...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sorry, that wont work on your Yashica, it will only work on my Mamiya. You must send it to me immediatly before you unwittingly screw it to the Yashica and destroy your camera!
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum
    BTW: the big kid in my avatar is my hero, my son, who proudly serves us in the Navy. "SALUTE"

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ralnphot View Post
    Sorry, that wont work on your Yashica, it will only work on my Mamiya. You must send it to me immediatly before you unwittingly screw it to the Yashica and destroy your camera!
    O, shoosh!
    Mamiya made a paramender, and Mamiya TLR owners are obliged (legally and morally) to get one.
    So don't take away someone else's toys. Get your own!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Aw nerts--Busted!
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum
    BTW: the big kid in my avatar is my hero, my son, who proudly serves us in the Navy. "SALUTE"

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Maybe we can work out a trade for something I want. Anybody want to trade me their Mamiya for it?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    With, or without paramender?

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin