Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,299   Posts: 1,535,756   Online: 844

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ignatiu5 View Post
    Forgive me if I've misinterpreted, but I don't think the biggest problem here is running 120 film through a 220 insert+back, or vice versa. The OP is proposing to buy an ETR (6x4.5) insert and run it through a SQ-A back made to handle 6x6 film. I'll admit to only having one of the systems (the 645) so I could be very wrong, but I would imagine that said mismatch is not going to align properly. Width-wise, maybe, but do they match top to bottom?
    They do not match.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    wiltw: Thanks for that, I hardly thought about it, I guess it must've slipped my mind. And thanks very much for measuring the different start film position for both 120 & 220 film..great help.

ignatiu5: Dohh (slaps forehead). Yet another thing that I missed completely. Guess the bottom line is that it won't work eh?

Well, here I go searching for a 120 SQ-A that's priced reasonably. Not that I have an SQ-A, lost out on it on fleabay, lost out on a lot of things these past few days...oh well..sigh...

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by altair View Post
    wiltw: Thanks for that, I hardly thought about it, I guess it must've slipped my mind. And thanks very much for measuring the different start film position for both 120 & 220 film..great help.

ignatiu5: Dohh (slaps forehead). Yet another thing that I missed completely. Guess the bottom line is that it won't work eh?

Well, here I go searching for a 120 SQ-A that's priced reasonably. Not that I have an SQ-A, lost out on it on fleabay, lost out on a lot of things these past few days...oh well..sigh...
    You can run 120 film through an SQ-A 220 back just fine. The spacing might be slightly off, but you will fit all 12 shots on a roll. I haven't even had to move the start point. "Shoot" atleast to shot 15 before you open the back to unload the roll.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Stregone: Thanks! I take it you've tried this yourself personally?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    ive run 2 120 rolls through a 220 back on my bronicas. the first was a SQ-AM and the motor kept winding, but didnt advance the film past frame 9, so wasted film. the second through my SQ-A and hand cranking worked fine, but it did take a lot of effort later in the roll, which i found a little scary in terms of potential wear and tear on the gears.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have ran one roll of 120 through a 220 back with no problems. My daughter has ran many rolls that way.

David
    “Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. This is not a way of life at all in any true sense. Under the clouds of war, it is humanity hanging on a cross of iron.”
    ― Dwight D. Eisenhower

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin