Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,697   Posts: 1,482,544   Online: 890

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Certo6?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Certo6?

what has happened to Certo6? I can no longer reach his web page. Secondly am I crazy to consider trading off my rollei 3.5T for a good 6x9 folder?
    No escaping it!
    I must step on fallen leaves
    to take this path

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There was a thread a couple of weeks ago, which I think concluded that he had been out of contact travelling but was OK. I don't know why the web page isn't back.

On the second question, I have both TLRs and folders, and they're *very* different cameras in practical use, with complementary strengths. Ideally you want to have both, but if that's not an option, and if you're using the TLR and are happy with it, I wouldn't make such a drastic change without spending some quality time with a folder first to determine if it really suits you.

-NT
    Nathan Tenny
    San Diego, CA, USA

The lady of the house has to be a pretty swell sort of person to put up with the annoyance of a photographer.
    -The Little Technical Library, _Developing, Printing, And Enlarging_

Shooter
    35mm
    There has been a thread on this. His original site seems to have gone and his site is now tied in to e-bay. While it was an interesting site maybe the expense of running it wasn't justified by his personal web sales and e-bay represented a better bet.

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ronlamarsh View Post
    Secondly am I crazy to consider trading off my rollei 3.5T for a good 6x9 folder?
    IMO - yes. Other opinions will vary. Why not both if you can? Nothing digital to get rid of?

JPD
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ronlamarsh View Post
    Secondly am I crazy to consider trading off my rollei 3.5T for a good 6x9 folder?
    Yes. No folder in the same price range as a Rolleiflex 3,5T can beat the picture quality from the Rollei.

Buy an east german Ercona II with 3,5/105 Tessar for $30-50. It's probably sharper and has better contrast than a $1000 Bessa II with Heliar. Keep the Rollei!
    J. Patric Dahlén

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I am still in search of a folder that can come close to the reliability and image quality of my Autocords...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Yes keep the rolleiflex, but get a folder as well,I use both folders and Tlrs, they are different with different results, both types can produce great results,but different,but nothing in the world would make me change my rollei for any folder, Richard

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JPD View Post
    Buy an east german Ercona II with 3,5/105 Tessar for $30-50. It's probably sharper and has better contrast than a $1000 Bessa II with Heliar. Keep the Rollei!
    Tessar sharper than a Heliar, seriously? The only Heliar I have experience of, on a 9x12 Bergheil, is one of the sharpest lenses I've ever seen, competitive with the Planar on my Rolleiflex. I'm sure it's a particularly good sample, but I'd still be surprised if Heliars didn't consistently beat Tessars for sharpness in an apples-to-apples comparison.

That said...Bessae are overpriced. I don't think the difference in the lenses justifies the difference in prices!

-NT
    Nathan Tenny
    San Diego, CA, USA

The lady of the house has to be a pretty swell sort of person to put up with the annoyance of a photographer.
    -The Little Technical Library, _Developing, Printing, And Enlarging_

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I bought a camera from him a couple of weeks ago. The camera arrived advertised but without some items on the ad. I contacted him through eBay but I did not hear from him. I waited and sent him an email via the address above. He promptly replied that he had sent the rest of such and such day. That day the package arrived. A simple mistake that he corrected.

So you have two ways to contact him - via eBay or the email posted above.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Tessar sharper than a Heliar, seriously?

Sure, why not ? But that is pretty irrelevant. Apples to apples, they are both superb lenses.
    But comparing a wobbly folder to a Rollei T, and then being concerned about the sharper lens, is self defeating.

KEEP the Rollei. The Ercona is a bargain, and a very good camera (for a folder) and the Bessa is, well, expensive and 'under-engineered.'

My own view is that folders are fun, and make nice pictures. But your Rollei can do all that, and give first rate results besides.

Good luck.

d
    "One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid,
    and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision"

-Bertrand Russell

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin