Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,970   Posts: 1,523,490   Online: 886

Shooter
    Medium Format

Kowa Repair Service

I need a repair service for a Kowa Super 66. Any help?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Where? UK?

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Ross Yerkes Camera Repair in LA is the best-known Kowa fixer. Am sure others will have favorites.

Shooter
    Medium Format

Thanks, and here's the problem if anyone knows what to do

Quote Originally Posted by CGW View Post
    Ross Yerkes Camera Repair in LA is the best-known Kowa fixer. Am sure others will have favorites.
    Thanks. I'm in CT and it's always nice to know where good technicians reside. I picked up a Kowa Super 66, wound it, fired the shutter which turned out to be in T mode on self-timer, shutter fired, I turned shutter speed dial, then tried to crank and everything froze. I can't get the back off. The lens ring doesn't rotate fully open. What a predicament.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    When I used Kowa 66's, I had them serviced by Ross. He is the man for Kowa related issues.

Mike

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    You might try shopping your problem around on the Medium Format forum at photo.net, too. You'll probably get the "try Ross Yerkes" stuff again but there's an off-chance someone will have a quick fix.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks! I had a great telephone conversation with Ross who did try to get the camera working before I resigned to send it in. I'm looking forward to getting it back and loading up some film!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin