Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,002   Posts: 1,524,449   Online: 1047

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hasselblad is reasonably cheap in Sweden and equipment are not hard to find.
    Cheapest is of course to buy from a private seller. If you know Swedish you can try www.blocket.se
    Next Saturday there is an auction in Stockholm with loads of Hassy-stuff (www.lpfoto.se for tha catalogue).
    Are you looking for anything special?

If you have any questions or need any help finding stuff in Sweden just let me know (I live there).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    What I'm not nervous about is the use of the Kronor. If the equipment is significantly cheaper in Sweden, then it will make up for the currency exchange loss. Yes, there is a value loss when you exchange, but there might be a value gain if the gear is less expensive to begin with. THAT is what I am trying to figure out.

I am looking for a 500c or 500c/m, an 80 and a 150, a few backs and maybe even an eye-level finder. A basic kit for doing some landscape and portraiture while I'm there.

The site I was looking at was the Swedish eBay, and I found a 500c package that was 3000 Kronor (379.80 USD) A comparable kit from KEH is priced at $518.00.

It seems that if you can find the right seller, it could be advantageous to purchase in Sweden. Customs? I've never been asked to declare cameras in customs and prove they were mine with original USA sales receipts.

We will be in Lund for a while. If you have any leads on Hassy stuff, let me know Jesper. I will look at the auction on the lpfoto.se site.

Thanks!

EDIT: Just looked at the auction site. Very easy to navigate...very reasonable prices. It looks like I will be purchasing my Hassy stuff in Sweden.
    Michael Slade

Shooter
    Multi Format
    This one appeared today on Blocket.se http://www.blocket.se/kalmar/Hasselb...m?ca=23_10&w=3
    You will see what is in the deal from the picture. The seller wants 5000kronor.
    There is a mail-to-link by the letter icon if you want to get in touch with the seller, and let me know if you need anything translated,

I will take a look at some sites and send you some links.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Slade View Post
    Customs? I've never been asked to declare cameras in customs and prove they were mine with original USA sales receipts.

This has been my experience, but I would not want you to be on the wrong side of the question. Of course there is always, " This old stuff, I have had for years, why would I carry documentation papers after all these years?"

Enjoy

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    This has been my experience, but I would not want you to be on the wrong side of the question. Of course there is always, " This old stuff, I have had for years, why would I carry documentation papers after all these years?"

Enjoy

Steve
    As a US citizen you would get $800.00 purchases duty free anyway.

Just don't mess around with Customs. They get upset when you do that.

tim in san jose
    Where ever you are, there you be.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by photomat- View Post
    +1

I find it hard to get better prices on lenses and backs than with Keh. I used Georgeury.com when I bought my 500CM, he rates the condition of his used gear conservatively. Both give you an ample warranty for used gear.
    Thanks for that link...looks like a great place.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin