Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,205   Posts: 1,531,738   Online: 981

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

(heresy?) Digital Back on MF

Anyone using a non-tethered digital back on a Medium Format camera? I am considering a back for my Fuji GX680 iii and would like some comments on model and level of satisfaction.
    Thanks in advance
    Regards,

Michael
    Dallas, TX

Pentax 6x7
    Mamiya 7 ii
    Mamiya C330
    4x5 and 8x10 large format

And for those non film moments a Fuji X-Pro 1 and Nikon D4 and D800E.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    apug. analog photography user group.
    www.vinnywalsh.com

I know what I want but I just don't know how to go about gettin' it.-Hendrix

Shooter
    Multi Format
    What he said.
    Richard

Why are there no speaker jacks on a stereo camera?

Shooter
    35mm
    You shouldn't post digital stuff here. It upsets the natives.

Try:

Steve

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Burn 'em at the stake!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    My suggestion, the money spent on a digital back could buy a whole lot of film.
    Bachelor of Fine Arts and Bachelor of Arts: Journalism - University of Arkansas 2014

Canon A-1, Canon AE-1, Canon Canonet GIII 17, Argus 21, Rolleicord Va, Mamiya RB67, Voigtländer Bessa

http://darkroom317.deviantart.com/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Michael,

you might want to hop on over to

http://luminous-landscape.com/forum/...p?showforum=16

lots of DMF users there, here we're strictly analog, although many of us(ssshhhhh!!!!!) shoot d!g1+@l as well.

you'll get lots of opinions(like here ), and the gx680III is a great system, for film or digit@l.

-Dan

Shooter
    Medium Format
    And what does the FIRST word in my post header really mean; do I need to give the Webster meaning?

I am sure most of us here have a digital camera. Many of us might shoot film and even have a preference for film; nonetheless I was under the impression there might be some knowledgeable people here who are able to provide some constructive advise before I make a decision - for whatever reason - to add a digital back to my arsenal.
    Regards,

Michael
    Dallas, TX

Pentax 6x7
    Mamiya 7 ii
    Mamiya C330
    4x5 and 8x10 large format

And for those non film moments a Fuji X-Pro 1 and Nikon D4 and D800E.

Regina Canada (sounds more fun than it is)
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    No we don't need Webster but since there are 80 billion sites on digital and only a couple on analogue, we tend to be pretty strict on not discussing digital here (although we might have a digital under the bed for emergency purposes only).
    Once a photographer is convinced that the camera can lie and that, strictly speaking, the vast majority of photographs are "camera lies," inasmuch as they tell only part of a story or tell it in a distorted form, half the battle is won. Once he has conceded that photography is not a "naturalistic" medium of rendition and that striving for "naturalism" in a photograph is futile, he can turn his attention to using a camera to make more effective pictures.

Andreas Feininger

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by msk2193 View Post
    And what does the FIRST word in my post header really mean; do I need to give the Webster meaning?

I am sure most of us here have a digital camera. Many of us might shoot film and even have a preference for film; nonetheless I was under the impression there might be some knowledgeable people here who are able to provide some constructive advise before I make a decision - for whatever reason - to add a digital back to my arsenal.
    From APUG's front page, perhaps you missed it on your way in:

"Welcome to the Analog Photography Users Group, Founded 2002

APUG.ORG is an international community of like minded individuals devoted to traditional (non-digital) photographic processes. We are an active photographic community; our forums contain a highly detailed archive of traditional and historic photographic processes."

-----------My Flickr-----------
    Anáil nathrach, ortha bháis is beatha, do chéal déanaimh.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin