Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,814   Posts: 1,581,600   Online: 880

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I have a Rollei P66 as well. It's a 6x6 (and 35 mm) projector. But I use mostly my 6x7 camera. Is there such a thing called 6x7 projector? Are there 6x7 slide mount out there? Can a Rollei P66 project 6x7 slides? I got my P66 at a flea market for $15 with a dismantled zoom lens. It took me less than an hour to correctly assemble all the glass elements and restored the lens. It works flawlessly now. But I would really like to project 6x7 slides. Is there such a thing as 6x7 slides?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You can mount 6x7 transparencies, but the projectors designed to take them are either:
    1) hard to find and expensive; or
    2) adaptations of earlier, older equipment like lantern slide projectors.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by warrennn View Post
    I have a Leitz Prado 6x6 projector [...].
    I have a Prado Universal as a permanent loan since 1999. Very nice but I rarely use it as my main interest is not chromes but black and white and in between.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by darinwc View Post
    I dunno..
    It's not all about resolution you know.
    If you are projecting slides, I believe color, brightness, and contrast are just as important as resolution.

Frankly I was not all that impressed with my 35mm slides of Kauai projected.
    But perhaps MF projected would be much better?
    Digital projectors...

...it is easy to see each pixel, even from not far away...Pixel count matters!
    ...few digital projectors reproduce the full color spectrum even reasonably close (unless you spend thousand of dollars on a projector)

JDP

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Good to hear people are using MF projectors!

Sounds like some people have got real bargains when purchasing them.

If you havn't yet tried one, go for it. It is unlikely you will be dissapointed.....

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I have an Hasselblad PCP-80, as well.

Can a HD Scan equal the quality, - contrast, resoultion, definition ...?
    Not even close, in my opinion.

We should start a PCP-80 group.
    Carpe erratum!!

Ed Sukach, FFP.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Hi all,
    I'm happy to see there are still people projecting MF slides. I recently got for about $60 (shipping included) an old French brand manual MF projector, that I managed to adapt to the more modern current supply here (230V) and took that opportunity to put an 300W halogen lamp in it. I can't let the slide too long on lest it melts but the results are quite beautiful to me so far. Can't wait to mount my latest 6x6 slides I took with my newly revised Rolleiflex 3.5E that look stunningly sharp on the light-table.
    Last edited by Lionel1972; 06-21-2010 at 11:48 AM. Click to view previous post history.

The Netherlands, close to the Belgian border
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have and use a Kindermann 66 projector. I think I paid about EUR 100-150 for it. Maybe not the best bargain, but it didn't break the bank either. I'm glad I bought one, anyway. An evening of projected slides every now and then, there's nothing like it, really.

shuttr.net
    -- A sinister little midget with a bucket and a mop / Where the blood goes down the drain --

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have found locally a Bausch & Lomb Balomatic 755 automatic projector with trays, and that stuff is totally in a different league than 35mm.

The colours are rich, the image is sharp, brilliant, you can really walk into it. Go for it.
    Using film since before it was hip.

"One of the most singular characters of the hyposulphites, is the property their solutions possess of dissolving muriate of silver and retaining it in considerable quantity in permanent solution" — Sir John Frederick William Herschel, "On the Hyposulphurous Acid and its Compounds." The Edinburgh Philosophical Journal, Vol. 1 (8 Jan. 1819): 8-29. p. 11

My APUG Portfolio

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Not being familiar with these, do they work with slides made from 645 format?
    My Film Cameras:
    Leica M3
    Leica M6
    Mamiya 645AFD
    Leica IIIc
    Nikon F
    Nikon N80
    Minolta SRT202
    Minolta Hi-Matic 7s
    Minolta XG-7

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin