Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,500   Posts: 1,571,608   Online: 1279

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by LaGrassa View Post
    Not being familiar with these, do they work with slides made from 645 format?
    645 slides have their own mounts, which have the same exterior dimensions as 6x6 slides, and fit into the projectors in the same way as 6x6 slides.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I have a MF projector, but it has no slide or tray (so changing slides is somewhat slow), and a lousy lamp.
    But on command, it goes 'pop' and emits a rather impressive burst of light.

But what to use it for these days, i don't know.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm happy with my Rollei P66S even though it's got a small chip on the condenser lens. I hope I'll find a replacement condenser someday. I still like 35 mm slides a lot, but medium format is really in a different league, especially for landscapes.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Michel Hardy-Vallée View Post
    I have found locally a Bausch & Lomb Balomatic 755 automatic projector with trays, and that stuff is totally in a different league than 35mm.

The colours are rich, the image is sharp, brilliant, you can really walk into it. Go for it.
    My father had one and it was great. No one could locate it after he died. I would like to get one.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    645 slides have their own mounts, which have the same exterior dimensions as 6x6 slides, and fit into the projectors in the same way as 6x6 slides.
    Matt:

That's what I would have guessed but wanted to make sure.

Thanks for the post.

Michael.
    My Film Cameras:
    Leica M3
    Leica M6
    Mamiya 645AFD
    Leica IIIc
    Nikon F
    Nikon N80
    Minolta SRT202
    Minolta Hi-Matic 7s
    Minolta XG-7

Shooter
    Medium Format

MF slide projector

I am using beside a 35mm Rollei AF slide projector an KIEW 66 A projector. A heavy succer with a weight of 11 Kg. Works fine!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I just bought a Rollei P66A on my recent trip to Germany. I cannot say much about it yet, as I have also just started to explore medium format photography and am waiting for my first slide films to be developed...

I also got a Rollei 35mm projector, and just looked at my dad's slides from 1964... quite a joy. Most slides are still in good shape, I am not sure what film it was. They were all hand-mounted by my parents into thick glass-only mounts.

mtjade2007 said he has a P66 and it is a medium format and 35mm projector? I don't quite understand how it can handle both format unless the 35mm positives are mounted in 7x7 slide mounts?

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    I have a Goetschmann G67 projector for 6x7 slides. The best purchase of my life.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by DrTebi View Post
    I just bought a Rollei P66A on my recent trip to Germany. I cannot say much about it yet, as I have also just started to explore medium format photography and am waiting for my first slide films to be developed...

I also got a Rollei 35mm projector, and just looked at my dad's slides from 1964... quite a joy. Most slides are still in good shape, I am not sure what film it was. They were all hand-mounted by my parents into thick glass-only mounts.

mtjade2007 said he has a P66 and it is a medium format and 35mm projector? I don't quite understand how it can handle both format unless the 35mm positives are mounted in 7x7 slide mounts?
    The model that takes 35mm and M/F Slides isn't the P66A but the P11, or at least mine is, like this one. http://dayton.craigslist.org/pho/1874836593.html
    Last edited by benjiboy; 08-31-2010 at 11:04 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I wouldn't mind one but never came across one so far.

Jeff

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin