Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,770   Posts: 1,484,243   Online: 1091

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Once you've seen your 120 Fuji Velvia projected with a good quality modern projector and screen, for me they can keep digital photography, I have no interest in it.
    Ben

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I have a Polaroid 6x6 projector. They were used as a sales tool for one of their products but can no longer remember which, possibly their Polarvision. I mount my 645 transparencies in a frame 2 1/4 x 2 1/4 sized mount cut for 645. Most of my 645 slides are b&w and if you think color can be amazing, try some mf b&w slides - truly awesome. Sadly, the photo club I belonged to banned me from the slide competitions as everyone knew whose slides they were.

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Brian, Are you using Agfa Scala? I like it a lot. But the processing is very expensive and only a few places are able to do it. I always surprise my audience when I project some B&W slides in 6x7.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I have a rols in the freezer but in Canada no one will process it any longer and sadly I never got through a roll to test. I had bought it as an aside to some other purchases and totally forgot it was there. I have seen some slides of others who used it and it could easily have become my standard slide film. I understand it dies develop nicely as a negative in D-76 so I'll use it up that way, sadly.

When I taught photography, my teaching aid was b&w transparencies and the students were amazed that it even could be done. By the end of each class most had tried it and out of the class I had a couple of dedicated converts to both MF and b&w slides. Enough converts to MF that I worked a deal with the local Bronica dealer to give additional consideration for trading in their 35mm gear for a Bronica or other system or an outright purchase. After a couple of years he and I had dinner and he mentioned the Bronica rep toldhim had sold more 35mm backs for the ETR series than any other dealer in the southeast region. Turned out my students found out the same thing I did, the ETRS made for one of the best 35mm slr systems out there plus a fantastic MF system. The person who did the slide development was processing some 2 dozen rolls a week so she was happy and the price came down significantly as well as it was added as a standard service to the price list.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    To my understanding next to 6x7cm image size comes 9x12cm, but no 6x9cm projector.
    I still haven't found a trace of a 6x9 projector...
    But Wess offers asymmetric outer slide frames for a net image size of 54x82mm.

So there must be such projectors out there.
    Last edited by AgX; 11-18-2010 at 10:14 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have a PCP 80, and two Rolleis that I use for stereo projection. For 6x9 (and above!) I have an AO Spencer boardroom lantern slide (3 1/4 x 4 1/4) projector. It came with 5 lenses, various condensers, and a metal case for the princely sum of $35.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The two mf projectors I have are the Rollei P11 with a standard 150mm f2.8 Heidosmat lens which can project 24x36mm, 4x4cm and 6x6cm slides, and, a nice working Kindermann 6x6 Super with a 150mm f3.5 Patrinast lens. The Rollei needs a little work from non-use, though.

Marc

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Out of interest, how does the P11 rate against the Kindermann?

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Edmund Optics can supply a condenser lens to cover most formats. Measure the diameter and thickness of your broken optic and you will probably be able to replace that cracked one for a new one without stretching the budget. I'm sure they will be happy to send you their catalog. No, I have no stock in that company, nor do I know anyone there personally. But they have always been more than helpful to me.

Andy Andrews

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianL View Post
    Turned out my students found out the same thing I did, the ETRS made for one of the best 35mm slr systems out there plus a fantastic MF system. The person who did the slide development was processing some 2 dozen rolls a week so she was happy and the price came down significantly as well as it was added as a standard service to the price list.
    Slightly offtopic, what's the advantage to this over a dedicated 35mm SLR? I suppose you could change film mid-roll but with the crop factor wideangles would be an issue.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin