Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,975   Posts: 1,523,639   Online: 1085

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulMD View Post
    Slightly offtopic, what's the advantage to this over a dedicated 35mm SLR? I suppose you could change film mid-roll but with the crop factor wideangles would be an issue.
    The fact that the ETRS uses leaf-shutter lenses is one additional potential advantage, and the availability of a waist-level finder is another.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I have a TDC 6x6 projector, which came with an 35mm insert as well, and a home made 6x7 projector. It really does make a difference when you project them.
    Had fun with the 6x7. Went to show some slides at my friends house, started in the basement which let us get about a 7 foot square picture. Friend said they're great but how large could they get without looking bad, so we went to the back yard and put them on the back wall of the house which gave us about a twelve by twelve frame,and they still looked good.
    Then we went for broke and went to the garage side of the house and put them up there. Had to be 20 feet across and you could still see window frames ,blinds and even the writing on the back wall of a church altar.
    It was like you could step into the picture
    rob

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I haven't used my Beseler Slide King as much as I'd like, but 6x7 slides are astoundingly beautiful when projected.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I have a Leitz Prado 600 2-1/4" X 2-1/4" projector and a Leitz Prado 250 35mm slide projector. The "600" is a 220 volt machine. Has anyone converted one of these to 120 volt operation? Mine is the older art deco looking version. I seldom use it because it is a pain to carry around a step-up transformer. The "600" projects excellent images.

A.T.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    PaulMD, a big advantage is that you do not need to invest in 2 systems, learn the advantages and disadvantages of each, different handling charactoristics, and learn just one set of lenses plus reduce a potentially large investment in accessories such as filters. Just cost out a totl new 35mm body wide angle, normal, portrait, moderate tele and telephoto lens plus 3 macro tubes, doubler, circular polarizer, an assotment of about a dozen filters, case, and other accessories. Use something like a Pentax LX and price out the wlf, metered prism and nonmetered prism and ad the motor drive and you'll see the savings in having only 1 system. For the price of that system you can add the shift lens to the Bronica or the zooms and have change left over, especially at today's prices.

The multiple viewfinders, wide range of flash sync, removable backs and several film formats that include 120, 220, 35mm, 35mm panaramic and Poloroid pack film makes for a fairly universal camera.

No, there is a limit on the low end of the lenses but there is the 27mm that has the coverage of a 17mm with 35mm and on the upper end there is the 1000mm and you can add the 2x extender to get to 2000mm so not too shabby there. Plus there are a couple of macro lenses, a shift lens and a few zooms.

I have no particular rhyme or reason as to when I pop on the 35mm back vs a 120 but, when only doing snap shooting of get togethers, I generally will pop on the metered finder, the 40mm lens, the 35N back, pop in the screen with the 35mm film format lines and, speedgrip. Holds and handles like a 35mm slr. Use it in AE mode. It has 40mm coverage on 35mm which is what I also shoot if I took the Leica. If I want wider, I'll slap on the 120 back and have the coverage of a 27mm on 35mm. So, carrying the backs that are lighter than lenses gives me different coverages, i.e. I'd have to carry 2 lenses to do the same thing with a single format system. Also, this way, I do not have to then start digging out the filters for the lens change.

Now, admittedly, I do violate the single system advantage as I do have a Leica CL system with a 40mm and 90mm lens. And recently save an old Asahi S2a complete with 4 lenses from a thrift, have a Rolleiflex, Vitto II and Zeiss Ikonta 35mm, a 1.2 frame Konica, a pair of Yashica FX-3s, a Polaroid 180 and 195 along with a couple of SX-70s and about 20 of the auto pack cameras plus a few others kicking around. Only regular users though are the Bronica and Leica. The Rollei needs the shutter serviced which I'll do and the rest are closet queens. I do plan to try out the Asahi just to see the condition of the shutter.

Shooter
    35mm

Goetschmann G67-P

I was recently passed from a good friend, a Goetschmann G67-P projector and a Schnieder 150mm 2.8 lens in mint condition. Anyone have a use for this?
    Mike
    406-210-5976

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin