Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,942   Posts: 1,585,751   Online: 1127

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
    JDP

Shooter
    Medium Format

How many have a medium format projector?

Hi,
    I was wondering how many people have and use a medium format slide projector?

If you havn't tried one yet I can strongly recommend them. I havn't come accross a 35mm or digital projector which comes anywhere near them in terms of picture quality. The colours, shades, '3D ness', sparkle and details are all wonderful.....

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Yep

Started out with a Procabin, but then shortly afterwards was able to change it for a Hasselblad PCP-80.

Les

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I have the Hassi PCP projector and I agree that there is nothing like the quality of the projected image from this projector. It is the only 6x6 projector I have ever used so I can't compare one to another, but compared to 35mm image projection 6x6 is great.

Near Tavistock, Devon, on the edge of Dartmoor.
    Shooter
    35mm
    No, but at the other end of the scale I have a 110 projector!

Steve

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I just got one for 20 dollars, it's really lovely and deco, made in the 30s but in great shape.
    Marek Warunkiewicz

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I really want one, but it is hard to find 6x7 projectors and also there is a question of price. 6x6 are much cheaper.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Been looking for one, just got outbid on one at auction. I have a GAF/Sawyers for 35mm that takes carousel or box magazines.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have a Kinderman that seems to work pretty well and it didn't cost all that much when I bought it around 30 years ago. I don't know how it compares in quality to other medium format projectors. The images seem so much more life-like, brighter and sharper than 35mm.

Dave

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I have two. One of these days, I am going to have to shot some 120 chrome ...

I could be wrong, but I think a 6x7 frame is very close to the size of an Imax frame.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I've got a Kindermann projector, too. When I used it at a workshop to project a few images, after the 35mm shooters had projected theirs, the oohs and aahs coming from the other workshop attendees were immediate. Digital projectors are so inferior to any film projectors!

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin