Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,979   Posts: 1,523,706   Online: 1163

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I use a 50cm Hama Pro cable - excellent, and plenty long enough for my purposes. I don't use an airbulb unless I am 20 feet from the camera.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I use a bulb release for most critical exposures, unless the camera has a self timer and an accurate programmable shutter. I shortened the hose on the bulb release down to two or three feet, which makes it most convenient.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Also look for a cloth covered cable release as opposed to a plastic covered one, they're much more flexible. Be aware that a longer cable release will transmit less force to the camera. My KO needs a fair amount of force, and my 60mm won't fire with some cable releases that will fire my 90mm.
    Reid

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rjbuzzclick/

"If I had a nickel for every time I had to replace a camera battery, I'd be able to get the #@%&$ battery cover off!" -Me

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    I agree with Vaughn.

Two points particular to Koni-Omegas:

1) the cable shutter release requires a long throw and a fairly high amount of pressure. For that reason, a longer cable release, with a long loop and lots of slack is necessary; and

2) the Koni-Omega's release is on the front of the body, and unlike most 35mm cameras requires a push straight back. When the camera is on a tripod, actuating the release will have a tendency to twist the camera slightly. Some tripods are much less effective at resisting that twist.
    Also the Koni-Omega has a unique tensioning pressure plate which is activated by the shutter release and yours may be out of alignment or vibrating or some such... It's a beast of a camera and one of the reasons I hate digital, for taking away the pure mechanical joy of photography...

David

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Yeah, totally agree David (or should I call you someone). I really like the way the camera just works with rods and linkages, ect. Flat battery? Thats something that happens with the car if you leave the lights on......

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Maybe it's just not the kind of camera that's going to work in this particular fashion. You know -- square peg, round hole.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by elekm View Post
    Maybe it's just not the kind of camera that's going to work in this particular fashion. You know -- square peg, round hole.
    The Koni-Omegas are great for long exposures - you just have to understand the differences.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It's definitely a square peg-with a round hole in it.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin