Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,322   Posts: 1,536,878   Online: 1108

Shooter
    35mm

Bronica GS-1 film back stuck

I have a problem. I must have done something wrong with the release button or something, so now the film back on my GS-1 is stuck halfway. Does anyone know how this could be fixed? I suspect I'll have to take it to the shop either way, but will they be able to do something? Also, since the film will not be completely in line with the plane of focus, will I see the results on the images? I never really shoot wider than f/8, so I was hoping DOF would take care of the difference.

Shooter
    35mm
    Bumped. If anyone cares, the gap between back and body at its widest point is only 1mm. Maybe someone can comment on this?

Shooter
    4x5 Format

Stuck back-

First make sure the darkslide is fully inserted into its slot. The back will not come off unless the slide has been fully and properly inserted. Having said that carrying the camera on a strap while the darkslide is in the camera back is NOT recommended because all the jostling around can cause the release button to become accidentally depressed dropping the back to the ground. The only repair I ever had to do on my GS-1 was to have the 120 back straightened (re-aligned) as it had become a little difficult to attached and detach from the body. It wasn't a very costly repair and was done as part of a CLA. You might want to call KOH'S camera at 516-826-9566 and describe the problem to them. They are Bronica experts. Good luck, the GS-1 is a wonderful camera system.
    "A certain amount of contempt for the material employed to express an idea is indispensable to the purest realization of this idea." Man Ray

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin