Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,957   Posts: 1,586,050   Online: 809

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

Hass 50mm F2.8 - arrived !

Hallo,

Rather chuffed today - just taken delivery of a Hass 50mm F2.8. Been searching for one for a while, no scratches looks real nice & got a disount off list price.

Bit heavy though - lol!

Sorry, but just had to share without having to explain why!

Looking forward to giving it a run out this week.

Cheers,
    Sim2

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I use mine along with the 150mm. Or I take the 80mm solo. The 50 has a very close focus. Enjoy.
    Robland - Seattle area

Insert "catch phrase" here...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Congrats!
    That "bit heavy" is something you will be saying/thinking quite a lot.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Was sunny when I got home, so have just blatted a film with this lens. Oooooooo, I think I like. Didn't appreciate how wide a 50mm is on 6x6 or how close this can focus. Shot some stuff into the light to be really unfair and be able to criticize the flare, but seemed controlled.

Can see a Lee w/a adapter in my future and possibly a stepping ring for the 105mm polarizer - when does the spending stop??????

Sim2.
    Last edited by Sim2; 06-21-2010 at 02:23 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: stupid spelling errors

I'm continually amazed at the ability of Hasselblad lenses and coatings to fight flare. I recently photographed a dark-toned room with very bright windows and saw no noticeable flare bleeding into the room. This is with an early 90s 50mm Distagon, not a FLE.The admission price may be steep, but the gear is worth every penny.

Peter Gomena

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by pgomena View Post
    I'm continually amazed at the ability of Hasselblad lenses and coatings to fight flare. I recently photographed a dark-toned room with very bright windows and saw no noticeable flare bleeding into the room. This is with an early 90s 50mm Distagon, not a FLE.The admission price may be steep, but the gear is worth every penny.

Peter Gomena
    And yet people keep posting "Should I buy a non-T* C lens? I can save almost $60US." "C lenses are oh so cheap." There is a reason. The market tells the story.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    And yet people keep posting "Should I buy a non-T* C lens? I can save almost $60US." "C lenses are oh so cheap." There is a reason. The market tells the story.
    The market tells a story about people's fears and hopes. Those are the reasons.
    The difference between T and T* isn't that big, and it's well worth considering getting T (without *) lenses (if they are in good condition).
    Try it yourself sometimes. Test T vs T* lenses and see for yourself what the answer to the question in your post is.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Regarding the "bit heavy" part - would you say you're able to walk around town with the Hasselblad or is it really more of a studio or tripod-based camera?
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." - HST
    My Flickr Gallery

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I don' own a 50 2.8 but shoot handheld on the street with a 500 c/m 50/4 80/2.8 150/4 all day if need be.

My V series 'blad is easily handholdable compared to my RZ

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by pgomena View Post

Peter Gomena
    Not meaning to be a smartass, but Carl Zeiss AG made the lens, not Hasselblad.

Hasselblad makes the camera bodies, and Zeiss makes the lenses.

But I agree that these lenses are first-rate.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin