Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,929   Posts: 1,585,247   Online: 972

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Medium Format
    When you explained to me, I thought it to be plausible, maybe the wide angle lens needs its back element deeper inside thus the dent there to avoid the mirror hitting it.

I went over to Mamiya site to look at the lens pic, it's pretty small, but if you see close enough, you can actually see the dent there, lol.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    As everyone has said, the 'dent' is a design feature to ensure internal clearance of the rear element assembly.

The way the lenses are secured to the camera body guarantees that the lens will sit correctly on the RB or RZ bodies and there is no risk of the mirror accidentally catching the rear assembly of the lens. Of course, if you use this Sekor C 50mm on the RZ67, you have to move the bellows forward by 7mm so even less of a problem. By comparison, if you look at the mount of the RZ's Sekor Z 50mm, it's totally different and the rear element assembly is noticeably more shallow.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks for further explaining on it. Now me, or any future owners if any, will know that the dent is intentional and purposeful.

Btw guys, there is a black ring adapter thingy that came along the lens box. It seemed as if it would wrap around the back lens assembly. I couldn't find it's usage in the 'manual'. My guess is that it's for usage on other bodies e.g. RB67, proS or even RB67. Any ideas on it?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Foo View Post
    Thanks for further explaining on it. Now me, or any future owners if any, will know that the dent is intentional and purposeful.

Btw guys, there is a black ring adapter thingy that came along the lens box. It seemed as if it would wrap around the back lens assembly. I couldn't find it's usage in the 'manual'. My guess is that it's for usage on other bodies e.g. RB67, proS or even RB67. Any ideas on it?
    It's probably the adapter that fills the extra space in the lens mount throat on an RZ67 or RB67 Pro SII/D.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Foo View Post

It is for exclusive use with the RB67 ProSD and as was said, it compensates for the slightly wider mount on that model.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks guys, I went back and checked the proSD indeed has a wider mount, and plugging the ring in will enable to lens to mount on the camera snugly. ( I din notice it and mounted the lens directly on the camera without the ring, I'm sure it wouldn't hurt the lens or the camera this way, just mayb it will be more prone to vibration or very minor misalignment.)

Oh btw, mamiya replied me in a very straight-to-the point kinda way: That is part of the design.
    That's it, the whole email, lol.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin