Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,968   Posts: 1,523,415   Online: 1080

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

Dent on Mamiya Rb67 50mm lens normal?

Hi all, I just received a 50mm Sekor C lens for my Mamiya RB67 from ebay. It was supposed to be 'new in box'. Upon inspection of the back of the lens, there is what seems like a dent on the back barrel which covers the lens. Is this normal?

The reason I'm asking this is because I don't remember my 127mm lens has that dent.

Well, this isn't my lens but the dent is like how it is in the picture.

Anyone who owns the lens can confirm this? Thanks

Shooter
    Medium Format
    yes if the oreintation of the barrel is not correct the mirror hits the lens on its way up (or down) when the the lens is focused to infinity(?) (all the way in) my technician has just been through this issue with an ebay lens some one had played with the rear lens element had been removed and reinstalled out of position, the mirror was hiting the element and throwing the shutter out of phase the "flat" is needed to clear the mirror.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    That's some pretty good info there david, thanks! The mechanical movement of the mirror must be pretty precise and constant cause the 'dent' seems quite shallow. Would there be a chance that the lens might be screwed in just slightly off, and causing the mirror to hit it? I'm hoping that even if the lens is slight off, there is enough leeway for the mirror to flip. Won't wanna hear a crack when the shutter is pressed!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Wow a lot of brassing for a "new in box" lens. Perhaps he meant the lens was actually "in a new box"?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Lol good one there domaz. Uh, the lens in the pic isn't mine. But i did notice so small scratch on the lens cap which makes me to believe that its just mint condition sold as new. Ugh, nvm that I'll try out the lens on a roll of film and see, or maybe like you said... 'in a new box'. orz

Well I got some external feedback that the dent might be abnormal. Anyway, I wrote to Mamiya just to clear things up since they made the lens. Hope they reply to my mail and I'll update any findings here.
    Last edited by Alex Foo; 06-23-2010 at 10:29 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Looks like my one!

Jeff

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hehe Jeff you mean the lens or the dent? =p

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Both!

Jeff

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Lol, i kinda got this pic off the internet. Can't seem to find it now. Mayb it is?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    it seems only to be an issue on the wide angle lenses where the rear element projects into the camera body and then only when focused to infinity (ie when the bellows is racked all the way in) on the other lens i have the rear element is inside the barrel of the lens and never gets near the mirror

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin