Switch to English Language Passer en langue franšaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,894   Posts: 1,520,907   Online: 970

Shooter
    35mm

which hasselblad?

Hi all,
    I'm wanting to get a hasselblad now that i've got enough money... but i'm confused with the models... Which one would you recommend? Why? And can all of the models have a digital back fitted when i can afford to do so?
    thanks for the help...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    50x models are 6x6.
    55x are motorised 50x bodies, 6x6.
    903/905 are 6x6 with a fixed 38mm lens.
    20x/20xx are like the 50x but with a shutter in the body instead of the lens.
    I assume you are not talking about the 645 H1/H2/H2F bodies...?

Download the CFV digital back data sheets from http://www.hasselbladusa.com/product...tal-backs.aspx to see what back fits where.

Personally I have a 501CM. The age of bodies is 500C, 500CM, 503CX, 503CXi, 501CM, or 503CW (in order from older to newer). Obviously the newer the better as far as service life goes but they are more expensive.

The 503CXi and 503CW can use the CW Winder, the others cannot. The 503 cameras have a TTL sensor for metering with a compatible flash unit.

The 501CM/503CW have a bigger mirror that doesn't vignette the viewfinder (the film is not affected) when using longer lenses.

I think that's it. I'm sure a couple of others here can give you the complete run-down and details, I'm new to the Hasselblad world myself too!

I found these very helpful
    http://www.photoethnography.com/Clas...html~mainFrame
    http://www.hasselbladhistorical.eu/
    Hasselblad, Mamiya RB, Nikonos, Canon EOS

LarsHennings
    Hi, if you soon will make digitalfotos, take the Hasselblad H-series.
    The digi-back for the old one (V-series, Victor H.) makes as a squere around 5.100x5.100 px. A print with 254 dpi gets up to 50x50 cm, that┤s it. This I make with a Epson V700 by 2.500 dpi scan.

The typical old Hblad, I think, is the 500 c/m or 501. For it you must have lenses (Zeiss) with the zentral-scutter in every one. The very old lenses are called C (most silver outside, no repair any longer by Hasselblad), the next are the CF (black). You get many of them: 40, 50, 80, 100, 150, 250 and some more. And you get a shift-converter 1x (loses 1 focus).

To see how old the cameras and the filmholder (not the lenses) are:

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0
    v h p i c t u r e s

example: camera UUC 194719 is built 1977 in may.
    filmholder: UT xxxx is from 1976

You need a body and at least 1 filmholder for 120 film, there are holders for film 220, but this film is not so often to get. And 1 lens shure. In this V-series with shutters in the lenses it starts with 2.8/80 mm, the 50 mm has 4.0/50 mm, the same is the 150 4.0/150 mm, the 250 is 5,6/250 mm.

The next typ of V-series is the 2.000-series (several models) with a focal plane shutter. You can use the C and CF lenses but you can use the lenses without a shutter, they most start with one focus less (lighter). And the shutter makes 1/2.000 s (the oldest 2.000-series; no repair by Hblad) or 1/1.000 s not only 1/500 s as the C and CF shutter.

I work with a 500 c/m and C (250) and CF lenses. It┤s old but good.

Gru▀
    lars

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by LarsHennings View Post
    To see how old the cameras and the filmholder (not the lenses) are:

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0
    v h p i c t u r e s

example: camera UUC 194719 is built 1977 in may.
    Not in may.

The third letter that was used for a while was not part of a date code, but used to identify the product: C for 500 C/M, E for 500 EL and EL/M, W for SWC and F for 2000 FC.

So "C" here does not stand for "5", and so not for the fifth month.

LarsHennings
    Oh! Good to know, yes my camera is a C/m.
    By the way I would show you a picture of mine, may be an year old.

Gru▀
    lars

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I bought several 500C's from KEH & Am very satisfied. I paid less than $200.00 for each of them.

One is in as good of condition as my 501CM!

Another source is to buy from Dave Odess. His work is first class and the items I bought from him are like brand new.

I use Hasselblad equipment for film only.

Hope this helps you!
    Bill Clark

Shooter
    35mm
    Hi all thanks for the replies... I wanna get the 500cm but what is the lowest price possible?? Thanks.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by wclark5179 View Post
    I bought several 500C's from KEH & Am very satisfied. I paid less than $200.00 for each of them.

One is in as good of condition as my 501CM!

Another source is to buy from Dave Odess. His work is first class and the items I bought from him are like brand new.

I use Hasselblad equipment for film only.

Hope this helps you!
    Oh thank u so much!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by LarsHennings View Post
    By the way I would show you a picture of mine, may be an year old.
    Ah...! The sincerest form of flattery!

Glad to see i'm not the only one who went bananas.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by smallfooties View Post
    Oh thank u so much!
    I just had a look.. I dun see any for the price u bought..am I missing something? Sad..

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  Ś   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin