Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,956   Posts: 1,522,869   Online: 1126

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yippee!! Oh joyful day! That'll save ya a few bucks. If you are as mechanically adept as you state, maybe you should get started doing camera repairs, I hear there is a major need for them in these here parts.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum
    BTW: the big kid in my avatar is my hero, my son, who proudly serves us in the Navy. "SALUTE"

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ralnphot View Post
    Yippee!! Oh joyful day! That'll save ya a few bucks. If you are as mechanically adept as you state, maybe you should get started doing camera repairs, I hear there is a major need for them in these here parts.
    Not sure if I'm ready to do work for others yet but I'm never afraid to try. The shutter blades are still gummed from age. I need to find out what is safe for use on them.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You have the biggest part done. Lighter fluid or Coleman lantern fuel & flush clean it. Although they're both Naptha I seem to have less residue with the lantern fuel.
    Remove the optics, use a drop or two of solvent, work the shutter & repeat. Work the aperture too, it's going to have some solvent migrate into it and there will be some surface tension & residue to overcome if it's not worked.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by micwag2 View Post
    My first post to this site and my first medium format camera. I picked this up dirt cheap at a Thrift store. All functions well and is in relatively good shape. However the shutter won't fire. It cocks and clicks but the blades don't move. Aperture seems to move smoothly. Are there any good tutorials online on how to disassemble and repair this? Are there known issues with this lens? Is it a common failure? I have repaired my own 35mm equipment before so I have some experience and mechanical knowledge. I really want to get this up and working. Thanks!
    There were never any issues, of which I am aware, with the Sekosha. I think it is a basic Synchro-Compur derivitive.

Go Phillies!
    John, Mount Vernon, Virginia USA

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin