Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,771   Posts: 1,484,317   Online: 1061

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The Hasselblad 500CM is an excellent camera. British Photographer Charlie Waite uses a Blad and he has proved you can shoot beautiful landscapes in square format. I'm not entirely sure how efficient it would be hand holding a Blad for Street Photography. Although, it is probably do-able.

For Street Photography I mainly use a 35mm rangefinder as it's lightweight and quicker to use.

So for my 2 cents worth!!!

Keep the Blad for Landscapes and get a 35mm rangefinder for Street Photography.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by clayne View Post
    Also consider a TLR. They have every advantage of a rangefinder and are quite compact as well. Pentax 67 couldn't be further away from what you want. Loud as all hell.
    I actually have a TLR already, a Yashicamat 124 G. It was my first medium format camera, and probably still my favorite. I heard such great things about the hasselblad, which is why I bought it. Sometimes I think I should have just upgraded to a Rollei with better glass, since the yashica has been such a good fit for me. *shrug*

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Also thanks everyone for the suggestions. I am leaning toward keeping what I have, atleast for a few months and seeing if time and practice is what I need over a different camera. I would love to someday have a Mamiya 7ii, but it is not in the budget right now...even if i sold both cameras and all the lenses!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Q.G. View Post
    I'll tell you what i will say about the OP's question: yes, it certainly is crazy talk.

You now have a choice between two wonderfull cameras, each having its own strong point(s).
    And you are going to give that away for a lumpy, still unwieldy, somewhat restricted third camera?

Don't! Do keep what you have.
    What he said.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by brucemuir View Post
    keep the 'blad

much easier to handhold IMO.
    What he said.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format

mamiya 7

Definitely go with a mamiya 7. It's far and away the best street/landscape 6x7 camera going, and in general about the best 6x7 camera overall. The only thing it's really lacking is macro/tight portrait capability, and faster-than-f/4 lenses. If you can live w/o those things, it doesn't get any better. I use an Rz67 for tight portraits, f/2.8 situations, macros, and long-length shots (180-360mm). For everything else, I use the mamiya 7.

-Ed

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin