Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,907   Posts: 1,584,613   Online: 904

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    JPD
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Q.G. View Post
    And there's one on the viewing lens too.

But those are the serial numbers of the lenses, are they not?
    Yes, but the Zeiss serial numbers can help identifying the camera model.
    J. Patric Dahlén

Shooter
    Multi Format
    serial number on taking lens:

serial numbers 1,760,000 to 1,947,000 would make it a Cord 1a model 1 made March 1936 - May 1937
    serial numbers 1,944,911 to 2,183,000 would make it a Cord 1a model 2 made May 1937 - Jan 1938

both were fitted with same lenses and shutter.

Open the back of the camera and you'll find the factory serial number.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Before anyone replies about the serial numbers, yes they do overlap making it anyones guess what the ones between 1,944,911 and 1,947,000 actually were.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Rolleicord model 1, model 2 and model 3 have the same lenses and shutter, and the same advancing film system.

Model 2 and 3 have the same waist level finder, with sport finder by pushing viewfinder flap inwards; model 1 requires a second mirror (for "sport finder" or rather focusing at eye-level), as seen on Rolleicord II manual.

It may be model 2 or 3...
    Last edited by Andy38; 07-03-2010 at 07:10 AM. Click to view previous post history.

JPD
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy38 View Post
    It may be model 2 or 3...
    I'm quite sure it's the second model. Sportsfinder and no serial number on the nameplate.

The third model has a cast nameplate with the serial number, plus the sportsfinder. The first and second model has the etched nameplate. The first model has the F&H logo on the viewing hood and no sportsfinder.
    J. Patric Dahlén

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I am suffering info overload. I knew this was the place to get the answers I need. I don't have the camera with me right now but I can tell you there is a triangular mirror on the bottom side of the viewfinder hood. It has a lever on the side that moves it back and forth at an angle for use as a sports finder. The name plate is thin tin or aluminum with the logo screen printed on it and held in place by four small screws and it is stepped out from the camera face.
    I looked inside the film chamber with a light and magnifying lens and could find no serial number. The taking lens does have a serial number but the focusing lens does not. I don't recall if the F&H logo is on the hood but it is on the face plate.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by guitstik View Post
    ... there is a triangular mirror on the bottom side of the viewfinder hood. It has a lever on the side that moves it back and forth at an angle for use as a sports finder.
    With this description and a Triotar f4,5/75 lens, it's probably a Rolleicord 1a model 1.
    But it's easier to identify with a serial number...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy38 View Post
    With this description and a Triotar f4,5/75 lens, it's probably a Rolleicord 1a model 1.
    But it's easier to identify with a serial number...
    Ok, I finally got home from work and if all the info is correct then the serial is on the taking lens, correct? That number is 1950637. The logo "is not" on the hood. Will this help to decipher what I have?

JPD
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by guitstik View Post
    Ok, I finally got home from work and if all the info is correct then the serial is on the taking lens, correct? That number is 1950637. The logo "is not" on the hood. Will this help to decipher what I have?
    Can you post a photo of the camera?
    J. Patric Dahlén

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I can try.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin