Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 73,582   Posts: 1,622,128   Online: 795

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    JPD
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by guitstik View Post
    Positive, I even have pictures to prove it but darned if I can't remember how to load them up here.
    You can use http://tinypic.com . It's easy to upload pictures there.
    J. Patric Dahlén

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Q.G. View Post
    Does it have the fold-in direct view thingy in the finder?

If not, it could be nr. 5, Autonat Model 2 from the early 1940s.
    HUH? I'm gonna take a stab at answering this, here goes.
    The finder is the standard blade type that slides down and back not into the center as on some I have seen.
    It does have a flip up magnifier in the hood and one in the back panel as if it should have the sport finder mirror(it does not), as well as the square hole just above it.
    The lid to the finder has the hinged center panel and it only folds in up to about a 45* angle, again, as if it should have the sport finder mirror.
    I have done my research and I believe that I have found it to be a 51' model
    Rolleiflex Automat 6x6 - Model K4A

Highslide JS June 1951 - March 1954
    Serials: 1.200.001 - 1.474.999
    Taking Lens:
    Zeiss Jena Tessar 3,5/75
    Zeiss Oberkochen Opton 3,5/75
    Schneider Xenar 3,5/75
    All with filter Bayonet I
    Finder lens:
    Heidoscop Anastigmat 2,8/75mm
    Bayonet I
    Shutter:
    Compur - Rapid, 1 - 1/500 sec., T & B, self timer. X sync.
    Film: 6x6: B II 8 (120) & 35mm with Rolleikin 2 adapter set.
    Film Transportation: winding lever with auto stop, no red window, film pressure plate with black color coating. Lever also cocks the shutter. Double exposure prevention. Dimensions: 14.3x9.0x9.5cm
    Weight: 970 grams.

This model has a hinged dual format back with exposure guide. The special feature is a new EV related exposure scale.
    (information courtesy of www.rolleiclub.com)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    HUH? I'm gonna take a stab at answering this, here goes.
    The finder is the standard blade type that slides down and back not into the center as on some I have seen.
    It does have a flip up magnifier in the hood and one in the back panel as if it should have the sport finder mirror(it does not), as well as the square hole just above it.
    The lid to the finder has the hinged center panel and it only folds in up to about a 45* angle, again, as if it should have the sport finder mirror.

Highslide JS June 1951 - March 1954
    Serials: 1.200.001 - 1.474.999
    Taking Lens:
    Zeiss Jena Tessar 3,5/75
    Zeiss Oberkochen Opton 3,5/75
    Schneider Xenar 3,5/75
    All with filter Bayonet I
    Finder lens:
    Heidoscop Anastigmat 2,8/75mm
    Bayonet I
    Shutter:
    Compur - Rapid, 1 - 1/500 sec., T & B, self timer. X sync.
    Film: 6x6: B II 8 (120) & 35mm with Rolleikin 2 adapter set.
    Film Transportation: winding lever with auto stop, no red window, film pressure plate with black color coating. Lever also cocks the shutter. Double exposure prevention. Dimensions: 14.3x9.0x9.5cm
    Weight: 970 grams.

This model has a hinged dual format back with exposure guide. The special feature is a new EV related exposure scale.
    (information courtesy of www.rolleiclub.com)
    That's the one i thought it would be if (!) it had DBP and DBGM on it, instead of DRP and DRGM. That's why i asked about that.
    After the war, the Reich was replaced with the Bund. So if it still has the "R" instead of a "B", it either is pre-war or another 'hybrid' made up out of bits coming off different cameras.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have no idea. But how does that explain the serial number on the same name plate as the DRP/DRGM? I talked to Harry Flennor in CA. about this and he said to disregard that and just go by the serial. I am rather upset at the seller, I bought it BECAUSE of it being pre-war. It is still a nice camera and I will probaly keep it and send it off to Harry to have it gone over. unless y'all have a better idea.

JPD
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    That is the Rolleiflex 3,5 A, if it has the M/X switch next to the flash contact. (K4A was the internal name at the factory). The mirror in the viewing hood was probably broken or lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Q.G. View Post
    That's the one i thought it would be if (!) it had DBP and DBGM on it, instead of DRP and DRGM. That's why i asked about that.
    After the war, the Reich was replaced with the Bund. So if it still has the "R" instead of a "B", it either is pre-war or another 'hybrid' made up out of bits coming off different cameras.
    "DRP" and "DRGM" was used at least intil October 1949 when the Bundespatentamt was formed. Bundesrepublik Deutschland was founded in may 1949.
    J. Patric Dahlén

JPD
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    I have no idea. But how does that explain the serial number on the same name plate as the DRP/DRGM? I talked to Harry Flennor in CA. about this and he said to disregard that and just go by the serial. I am rather upset at the seller, I bought it BECAUSE of it being pre-war. It is still a nice camera and I will probaly keep it and send it off to Harry to have it gone over. unless y'all have a better idea.
    Please post pictures of it! Use tinypic.com to upload them easily.
    J. Patric Dahlén

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Here is a pic of two MX Rolleiflex's; they have the "R" instead of the "B", and were made between 1951 and 1954; an Automat X (K4/50, 1949-1951) also has the "R", but an MX-EVS (1954-1956) has the "B".

Edit : these MX cameras are the earlier (1951), with serial number 121.... and 122.... ; a later MX, with number 126.... (~1952), and a 2,8C, with number 129.... (~1953), have the "B".
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Rollei-MX.jpg  
    Last edited by Andy38; 07-08-2010 at 09:09 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Andy, Those are sweet... my leatherette looks no where as good as those, in fact I am going to have to replace it but first I am going to send it off to Harry Fleenor to have it gone through.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    ???

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    ??? is a hell of a bump
    www.EASmithV.com

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera."— Dorothea Lange
    http://www.flickr.com/easmithv/
    RIP Kodachrome

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin