Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,849   Posts: 1,582,856   Online: 778

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Maybe it was a Seagull that was owned by Matsushita, not made by it.

Lots of big companies attach their name as an "asset tracking" tag to their assets, to discourage those assets from walking out the door in someone's lunch pail.
    My other camera is a Pentax

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by stevco View Post
    Thanx for the comments.

I attached some photos that seller sent me.

He also sent me some links where the same camera is called as Seagull, Chinesse to, a thing that i'm not impressed about.
    In addition to the important and informative comments of others, I would like to point out that rust seems to be seeping from under the covers. Only take it if it is a gift and use it as a book end if and only if you put in on a plastic mat so that the books and bookshelf are not damaged.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by filmamigo View Post

Lots of big companies attach their name as an "asset tracking" tag to their assets, to discourage those assets from walking out the door in someone's lunch pail.
    But then it would bear the sign "Matsushita" or something like that and an inventory number instead of that "made in Japan".

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If you want to try MF get a Yashica D or 12, they are not expensive and will get your foot in the door.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by filmamigo View Post

Makes sense, except that it's hard to work out what Matsushita would be doing with a Seagull. Wouldn't they have bought one of the many Japanese TLRs instead, if for some reason they needed a medium format film camera at all?

Personally, I'm not that inclined to think it's an intentional hoax, simply because it's such a weird one; if you were going to try to elevate the value of a camera, wouldn't you use the nameplate of a company that actually *did* make cameras? Why would a person fake a nonexistent camera?

-NT
    Nathan Tenny
    San Diego, CA, USA

The lady of the house has to be a pretty swell sort of person to put up with the annoyance of a photographer.
    -The Little Technical Library, _Developing, Printing, And Enlarging_

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    [ Why would a person fake a nonexistent camera?

To take advantage of less-than-fully-knowledgeable would-be purchasers.
    John, Mount Vernon, Virginia USA

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Dumb, don't know themselves.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It's obviously a Seagull, and as such isn't worth the price of its scrap metal value. I got one of those things brand new in the box straight from China. Never managed to expose a single decent roll of film through the thing. The film transport mechanism is the worst I've ever seen, and sounds like a box of rocks when you try to advance the film. Mine just winds on through the entire roll and never stops. Don't pay a dime for it. Don't even consider it. It's a piece of s**t!
    Frank Schifano

Shooter
    Medium Format
    ???

Shooter
    Multi Format
    stevco, I think you should look for a Flexaret, made by Meopta (in the former Czechoslovakia). Good cameras, and being in Macedonia I would think you can find Flexarets rather easily where you are.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin