Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,880   Posts: 1,520,469   Online: 972

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm

Matsushita TLR camera?

Hi,
    I have interested to start some medium format photography with a good not expensive TLR camera, if something good falls in hands, in fact after some reviews I've found on internet and here, many people claim that Minolta Autocord might be a great choice against its fellowship brands in the same level. Also I use Minolta slr and rangefinder, so obviously I would like to have a Minolta tlr too if is enough good.

A seller yesterday offered me a Matsushita TLR camera.
    I asked him today to tell me the characteristics of the camera and to send me pictures, I hope he'll send me asap.
    On internet I couldn't find any information about this kind of camera, not even pictures, nothing.
    I just found that this brand has something with Panasonic.

Does someone knows more about this brand, and its cameras, quality, imaging, reliability, price and other important aspects.

thanx in advance.
    Last edited by stevco; 06-30-2010 at 06:08 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    "It's not about the pictures, concepts, people, human bodies, emotions, experimentations, colours, dreams, tricky scenes, camera or imaginations.. it's about the poetry behind them all."

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Stevco,
    For whatever it is worth, let me say I have never heard of this brand TLR. Matsushita is, I believe, the parent company for Panasonic, National Panasonic, National, etc.
    John, Mount Vernon, Virginia USA

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Anscojohn View Post
    Stevco,
    For whatever it is worth, let me say I have never heard of this brand TLR. Matsushita is, I believe, the parent company for Panasonic, National Panasonic, National, etc.
    That's right John, the founder of Panasonic was Mr. Matsushita.
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I cant find where Matsushita has had anything to do with film or film cameras. I would be curious to see one myself.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum
    BTW: the big kid in my avatar is my hero, my son, who proudly serves us in the Navy. "SALUTE"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My guess is that it's a misreading, perhaps by someone who knows the name Matsushita and let their brain jump to a familiar conclusion. I looked through a couple of lists of Japanese TLRs and couldn't find anything obviously similar, though I did find some pretty appealing names (I want an Elbowflex, just for the sake of the name).

I suppose it could even be a spellchecker correction, come to think of it. Matsushita make enough computer parts (e.g., hard drives) that it wouldn't surprise me to find their name in a spellchecker's dictionary.

-NT
    Nathan Tenny
    San Diego, CA, USA

The lady of the house has to be a pretty swell sort of person to put up with the annoyance of a photographer.
    -The Little Technical Library, _Developing, Printing, And Enlarging_

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanx for the comments.

I attached some photos that seller sent me.

He also sent me some links where the same camera is called as Seagull, Chinesse to, a thing that i'm not impressed about.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC_0115 (Medium).JPG   DSC_0119 (Medium).JPG  
    "It's not about the pictures, concepts, people, human bodies, emotions, experimentations, colours, dreams, tricky scenes, camera or imaginations.. it's about the poetry behind them all."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Someone stuck those stickers on later to make it appear Japanese, not worth a lot.

It's clearly a Seagull 4a, it may be OK but not great

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Lot's of TLR's out there that are better. The Minolta, Yashicamat, Mamiya, Rollei (cord and flex). Find the right one and you'll be happy.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    It's an old seagull, I would say leave it alone, there are better TLRs such as Rolleiflex and cord,Mkicrocord,Yashica Etc, Buy a known make second hand and you will get better service than even a new seagull,Richard

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    A Seagull, signed as made in Japan by Matsushita.

Very, very strange indeed. Or did I overlook something?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin