Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,902   Posts: 1,521,115   Online: 1006

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Always wondered what all that fuss about loosing or not finding the dark slide was about. I must have found a viable solution without realising it. This is what I do:

Store the darkslide together with your other backs. As long as you don't need another back you will not need the slide. If you need another back, the slide will be in the same spot.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Could you not attach it to the camera with a tether.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    I found a plastic back [http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search...ialSearch=yes] that I attach to the back of the Hasselblad film magazine to hold the slide when I remove it from the camera. No matter how careful I was with dark slides I would loose them for day or weeks at a time. Perhaps you can use the same device on the Bronica SQ.

Steve
    Interestingly, my Bronica ECTL had such a feature built in to the film backs. I recently acquired an ETRs system (which I love, by the way) but was surprised to find that it does not. Progress, I guess.

Ulysses

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by skahde View Post
    Always wondered what all that fuss about loosing or not finding the dark slide was about. I must have found a viable solution without realising it. This is what I do:

Store the darkslide together with your other backs. As long as you don't need another back you will not need the slide. If you need another back, the slide will be in the same spot.
    That is not a solution.

I switch backs to go from black & white to color and back to black & white. Or I will move a back from my 503 to my 509 SWC so that all the photographs are on afew rolls of film rather than mixed with other shoots over many rolls. Before I kept the dark slides on the back of the magazine, the dark slides would disappear in the camera bag no matter how disciplined I was about putting them in the same place.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    That is not a solution.

I switch backs to go from black & white to color and back to black & white. Or I will move a back from my 503 to my 509 SWC so that all the photographs are on afew rolls of film rather than mixed with other shoots over many rolls. Before I kept the dark slides on the back of the magazine, the dark slides would disappear in the camera bag no matter how disciplined I was about putting them in the same place.

Steve
    Not a solution for some. It will work for others.

I always toss the slide in the bag (where the things i will be holding in my hands all come from), and never lost a slide.

(That last bit is a lie. I did lose a slide: my spare one. Haven't needed it for so long that i forgot where i put it. So when i remembered i had one, i had to turn my bags inside out to see where it was hiding.)

Where do you keep your lens caps? And how often do you lose those?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Q.G. View Post
    Where do you keep your lens caps? And how often do you lose those?
    Right front pants pocket. But lens caps do not bend. Ever put a metal dark slide in your pocket? How did that work for you?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by skahde View Post
    Always wondered what all that fuss about loosing or not finding the dark slide was about.
    No matter how careful I was with dark slides I would loose them for day or weeks at a time.
    You don't want it loose. Keep a tight grip on it or you could lose it!

Steve.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Some times I tighten them too.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Right front pants pocket. But lens caps do not bend. Ever put a metal dark slide in your pocket? How did that work for you?

I throw my lens caps in the bag as well. Haven't lost one of them either.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    "Just lose the Dark Slide of the force, allow yourself to feel the anger that flows deep within you"

The RB67 has a holder on the side of the camera that the dark slide goes into when not in use for the back being used, does your camera not have that?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin