Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,852   Posts: 1,582,872   Online: 956

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images

I thought my Bronica SQ was defective but...

I picked up a Bronica SQ a couple of months ago from a APUGer, and started shooting with it -- nice camera. But I found that I'd forget to pull the dark slide and the camera would still me let me fire the camera. I kept losing pictures as I'd forget to pull the slide before making several exposures. "Oh, great," I thought, "I bought a defective camera or back." I googled to find out how to fix the problem, read about the various pins on the back that interface with the body, and so forth. Nothing seemed to work. This morning, after again making blank exposures, I was taking out the roll of film and happened to notice that by the top of the dark slide slot in the back was a small white circle with a dot inside. I then looked at the plastic handle on the dark slide and saw that it said "Bronica" on one end and had the same circle/dot figure on the other. Bingo -- Bronica wants me to match the two symbols when inserting the slide. I did, and the camera would no longer fire with the slide in. I looked closely at the slide and saw near the plastic handle a small cutout that obviously interfaces with the internals of the back/body interface. So if you've had the same "problem" try this fix -- put the dark slide in correctly.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    You don't really need the dark slide unless you are changing backs - loading and unloading film can be done just by opening the back - you also don't need to find a place to store the slide :<)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I personally like to think that my shirt pockets were designed for holding my darkslides and lenscaps. :-p
    M. David Farrell, Jr.

----------------------------------------------
    ~Buying a Nikon doesn not make you a photographer. It makes you a Nikon owner!

~Everybody has a photographic memory, but not everybody has film!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I personally like to think that my shirt pockets were designed for holding my darkslides and lenscaps. :-p
    Just be careful when leaning over to raise the toilet seat. :o

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I must agree with David. I discovered, after a few broken lens caps, that it is in-fact the shirt pocket made for lens caps and darkslides not the rear pants pocket

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I think a lot of us have taken pictures of our dark slides but not too many admit it!

I have done this with my ETRS and my RB67. Both will allow the shutter to fire if the dark slide is all but about 1/4" in.

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave in Kansas View Post
    Just be careful when leaning over to raise the toilet seat. :o
    Not only your darkslide Dave, I once sent my cellphone to a watery grave that way
    Ben

Datchet, Berkshire UK- about 20 miles west of London
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Just be careful when leaning over to raise the toilet seat.

Can I assume that less stuff gets lost when you're putting the seat back down?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by David Henderson View Post
    Can I assume that less stuff gets lost when you're putting the seat back down?
    You can get the answer to your question David " At your own convenience "
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I found a plastic back [http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search...ialSearch=yes] that I attach to the back of the Hasselblad film magazine to hold the slide when I remove it from the camera. No matter how careful I was with dark slides I would lose them for day or weeks at a time. Perhaps you can use the same device on the Bronica SQ.

Steve
    Last edited by Sirius Glass; 07-04-2010 at 01:26 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin