Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,532   Posts: 1,572,643   Online: 942

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

Contemplating big feat with Mamiya RZ67

I'm thinking about taking it to an outdoor concert in the park! Should I carry extra fuel and water to survive the feat? They don't allow pack mules in the park but I could strap it to my dog and have her haul it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Kids nowadays .

I had a family friend who had a photo studio until he sold it and retired in the late 1970s. Previous to then he had switched over to smaller, lighter and more portable cameras for his wedding and environmental portrait work - RB67s, and Koni-Omegas!
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If you have a prism. Leave it behind. I love my RZ, but its sure heavy

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Sounds awesome to me. Be like this guy:

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    Get a handle
    * Just because your eyes are closed, doesn't mean the lights in the darkroom are off. *
    * When the film you put in the camera is worth more than the camera you put the film in... *
    * When I started using 8x10, it amazed me how many shots were close to the car. *

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by EricO View Post
    I'm thinking about taking it to an outdoor concert in the park! Should I carry extra fuel and water to survive the feat? They don't allow pack mules in the park but I could strap it to my dog and have her haul it.
    Take a truss for your hernia
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Question, will that Prism helping for focus? Or does it help for exposure only? What is this Prism good for?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The prism gives you eye-level viewing, and (more importantly for some) doesn't reverse things right to left, which helps a lot if you need to track movement.
    Some have meters. Also, you get a better view of the focus screen, since there isn't extra light spilling in.
    Otherwise, they just add weight.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Use a monopod. If they're not allowed, then use an L bracket. It's doable.
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by bdial View Post
    The prism gives you eye-level viewing, and (more importantly for some) doesn't reverse things right to left, which helps a lot if you need to track movement.
    Some have meters. Also, you get a better view of the focus screen, since there isn't extra light spilling in.
    Otherwise, they just add weight.
    Ah ok, i think i may get one.
    So what do you do to focus with RZ and have sharper or in focus shots if using wide open or close to wider aperture [2.8-5.6]?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin