Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,963   Posts: 1,523,168   Online: 783

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    35mm
    Ok, hopefully the last update if all goes as it should.

I contacted Knight Camera through ebay, instead of via the email provided in the PayPal receipt and Shipping Notice. This time I received a prompt reply. Mr. Knight advised that the original email was probably deleted without reading it. States they get constant emails via PayPal, and ignore most. He still insists that the camera was tested and working fine prior to listing, could not explain why it did not work when I received it, but did apologize. He has also offered to refund half of the cost of the CLA. Given the total situation, I will be satisfied with this resolution. It was mostly the acknowledgment that the camera was NOT as advertised that I was looking for.

Guess I'll take Knight Camera off of my "Do Not Buy" list, and just place him on my "Careful How You Communicate With Him" list. :-)

Just wanted to let folks know that Mr. Knight has responded, and offered what I consider and acceptable resolution.

This will end this saga, unless I don't receive the refund of half of the CLA charge, but I don't anticipate that will be an issue, since it was his offer.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm glad to see that you were able to resolve this amicably. I bought a camera that was advertised as operational and when I received it the shutter release button had obvious damage to it and was loose and binding when triggered. I contacted the seller but all he wanted to do was refund the purchase price and it was up to me to pay the shipping, no offer to refund a portion of the purchase price or any help at all in the matter. If it wasn't for the fact that I like the camera and had already sent it off to be repaired I would have escalated it with ebay. Knight has several items for sale that I am thinking about, it is nice to know that they do respond but when I queried them on combined shipping for my last purchases they seemed to have ignored it and sent both items individually, Hmmm.

JPD
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by LyleB View Post
    He still insists that the camera was tested and working fine prior to listing, could not explain why it did not work when I received it
    That can happen. A shutter may seem to work fine even if it has some sticky half-dried lubricants here and there in the mechanism. Then a tiny speck of dirt finds its way to a sensitive part during handling (shipping in this case), and the shutter suddenly stops working.
    J. Patric Dahlén

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by LyleB View Post
    WOW!!!!

I sent an email to Dean Photographica, and less than 1/2 hour later I had a reply. He concurs that a CLA will probably solve the problem. Price quoted seems very reasonable. Just waiting to hear back from the seller now.

Thanks for the tip.
    Is this Dean's of Idaho-Classic Cameras? I am in need of repair on my Walzflex that the focus knob just turns with no results.

Shooter
    35mm
    Yes, Dean's of Idaho.

http://www.deansphotographica.com/

Shooter
    35mm
    By the way, I received the refund from Knight Camera today.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin