Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,826   Posts: 1,582,043   Online: 789

Shooter
    4x5 Format

Rollei 6000 series battery....time for new Cells?

I just got a rollei 6008i II camera that came with three batteries. when one of these batteries is in the body the camera will not turn on, and when i put it on the charger (I am using a rollei charger N) the red light indicating that it needs charge goes on, but only for a second. I am assuming that the cells in this battery are shot? Does this sound like the case? If so has any one used the Kits avalible on ebay for replacing the cells? what are your experiences?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ben

I recently got into Rollei as well. I have bought 3 of the new Cell packs from ebay and they work very well! You have to use a different charger designed for MNH Batteries. These are available online.
    Keep Film Alive, Shoot Everyday!
    JamiesInfraredPhotography.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Ben,

Check this thread and others for your options: http://www.apug.org/forums/forum51/7...batteries.html

You'll need a MaHa or similar charger if you go the NiMh route.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by fatboy22 View Post
    Ben

I recently got into Rollei as well. I have bought 3 of the new Cell packs from ebay and they work very well! You have to use a different charger designed for MNH Batteries. These are available online.
    any chance you have a link to the charger you are now using?
    -Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I think the Nicads are rated at like 1000 exposures between charges. You must be shooting a lot to need to go with NiMh.

I use the 1250 ma Sanyo NiCad cells rated for rapid charging and use the original charger.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ic-racer View Post
    I think the Nicads are rated at like 1000 exposures between charges. You must be shooting a lot to need to go with NiMh.

I use the 1250 ma Sanyo NiCad cells rated for rapid charging and use the original charger.
    All things being equal I think I would like to replace the cells with NiCad on the non working battery, that way I can use same charger that I have now.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin