Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 75,802   Posts: 1,671,674   Online: 938

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn View Post
    Thanks Steve -- I just checked my Speed Graphic -- and yep, there was tension on the focal plane shutter. Now released (after years of being under tension). It is a little relunctant to go from 1.5 to T and T to 0. Should one set the spring tension at any particular setting during non-use (mine has 6 spring tension settings)?

Vaughn
    I've always left mine on "1", maybe it is an old wives tale, but that is the advice from the old timers, like on Graflex.org. It is easy to adjust if they do go off, though.

tac

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Or use Photographer's Excuse #167: "Oh, I MEANT to do that."

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by tac View Post
    Or use Photographer's Excuse #167: "Oh, I MEANT to do that."
    Yeah! I meant to do this!

(Double exposure w/ Diana camera -- carbon print)

Thanks for the info on the Speed graphic rear shutter!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Two Boys,South Jetty, 2009.jpg  
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Vaughn, I like it...I've got to get the roll developed, there are several frames that got doubled.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by guitstik View Post
    Vaughn, I like it...I've got to get the roll developed, there are several frames that got doubled.
    Carbon printing can use a neg of extremely high contrast -- I was using out-dated (1979 and unrefrigerated) Tech Pan. I purposefully over developed (by perhaps 100%, no record kept) in technol.

Sometimes one does get lucky! Develop!!!!
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I find that the opportunity to experiment is one of the great by-products of mistakes like double exposures. When I realize I have botched a roll or holder, it gives me complete license to do what I want with that roll or sheet... new developers, new twists in my processing rituals, etc.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    buy cheap film and throw your self in the hands of the gods, remind your mistakes as artistic possibilities...
    vive la resistance!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Sirius Glass said, "You can see each exposure if you will just multiplex." That must mean multiple exposures are the original version of Layers.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin