Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,959   Posts: 1,523,046   Online: 1188

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Hey, NJS, I did exactly SQ-A, shots about 8 shots, then noticed the film counter was still on 1. At first I thought I'd not loaded the camera properly, then when I got home I noticed I'd left the multi-exposure lever engaged. DOH! Live and learn.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Trask View Post
    Hey, NJS, I did exactly SQ-A, shots about 8 shots, then noticed the film counter was still on 1. At first I thought I'd not loaded the camera properly, then when I got home I noticed I'd left the multi-exposure lever engaged. DOH! Live and learn.
    You can see each exposure if you will just multiplex. :o

Is this like shooting photographs with the lens cap on?
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    In the case of folders, a lot of people think it's better to wind before the shot than after, because opening the camera from the folded position can create a vacuum effect and pull the film away from the pressure plate. Winding on should take up any slack and give you flatter film. I don't know how significant this effect is in the real world, especially since folders aren't that great at film flatness anyway.

The main thing is just to have a consistent routine. Even so, with any camera that doesn't have an interlock between winding and cocking, it just seems to be a law of nature that double exposures happen occasionally.

-NT
    Nathan Tenny
    San Diego, CA, USA

The lady of the house has to be a pretty swell sort of person to put up with the annoyance of a photographer.
    -The Little Technical Library, _Developing, Printing, And Enlarging_

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bowzart View Post
    A recipe for confusion, for sure. Better to select the lesser of two evils and standardize accordingly, at least for this guy, who is:

1. ADD (therefore, quite prone to distraction)
    2. getting old (loosing reliability of memory)

If you don't yet have a problem with the second mentioned, you will, sooner than you think! Habits become more important.
    OMG, how do you know me? Are you looking over my shoulder? Are YOU my evil twin? Or am I the evil twin? I know, our wives met at WalMart and started comparing notes.

The shutter is a basic simple type that re cocks after every shot. You can activate the shutter time and time again just by hitting the shutter release so that is one reason I forget to advance the film. When I got off of work this morning I stopped by an old cemetery near where I live and took two landscape shots and one portrait shot of a tall monument all on the same frame. Who knows, it may come out in processing as a good shot but the two landscape shots were just bracketing the same shot with different settings. It's just going to take time getting used to this camera.It's good to know that this is not just me, thanks for the input y'all.
    Last edited by guitstik; 07-04-2010 at 04:11 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn View Post
    Thanks Steve -- I just checked my Speed Graphic -- and yep, there was tension on the focal plane shutter. Now released (after years of being under tension). It is a little relunctant to go from 1.5 to T and T to 0. Should one set the spring tension at any particular setting during non-use (mine has 6 spring tension settings)?

Vaughn
    I've always left mine on "1", maybe it is an old wives tale, but that is the advice from the old timers, like on Graflex.org. It is easy to adjust if they do go off, though.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn View Post
    Thanks Steve -- I just checked my Speed Graphic -- and yep, there was tension on the focal plane shutter. Now released (after years of being under tension). It is a little relunctant to go from 1.5 to T and T to 0. Should one set the spring tension at any particular setting during non-use (mine has 6 spring tension settings)?

Vaughn
    From Pacemaker Crown Graphic and Speed Graphic Instruction and Reference Manual page 31 see attached.

Steve
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Speed Graphic Shutters.jpg  
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

tac

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Or use Photographer's Excuse #167: "Oh, I MEANT to do that."

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by tac View Post
    Or use Photographer's Excuse #167: "Oh, I MEANT to do that."
    Yeah! I meant to do this!

(Double exposure w/ Diana camera -- carbon print)

Thanks for the info on the Speed graphic rear shutter!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Two Boys,South Jetty, 2009.jpg  
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Vaughn, I like it...I've got to get the roll developed, there are several frames that got doubled.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by guitstik View Post
    Vaughn, I like it...I've got to get the roll developed, there are several frames that got doubled.
    Carbon printing can use a neg of extremely high contrast -- I was using out-dated (1979 and unrefrigerated) Tech Pan. I purposefully over developed (by perhaps 100%, no record kept) in technol.

Sometimes one does get lucky! Develop!!!!
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin