Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,747   Posts: 1,515,667   Online: 803

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

I keep exposing myself doubly so...

Arrrggggg. I have been trying to run a test roll through my Voigtlander Bessa a la 1937 and I keep forgetting that it is not an automatic or an instamat or anything of the sort and as you can probably tell from this rant I keep double/triple exposing. I think I have even gone as far as a, dare I say, quadruple Can anyone save me from myself?

Shooter
    Medium Format

I think you don't need our help but put yourself well on your way to salvation by being so annoyed at what you did.

A 'therapy' i could suggest however, if you think you need one, is getting a unmotorized 500 Series Hasselblad. It forces you to wind immediately after each frame you expose, because if you don't there is nothing you can do with the camera.
    After using the thingy for a short while, you wind on immediately without even thinking about it, as a perfect automatism.

(Steve will warn you that handling a Hasselblad is bad for your financial well being. But don't worry about that. Health care isn't cheap, but very good for you! )

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by guitstik View Post
    Arrrggggg. I have been trying to run a test roll through my Voigtlander Bessa a la 1937 and I keep forgetting that it is not an automatic or an instamat or anything of the sort and as you can probably tell from this rant I keep double/triple exposing. I think I have even gone as far as a, dare I say, quadruple Can anyone save me from myself?
    OR get into the habit of advancing the film as soon as a photograph is taken.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have never handled a Hassy but I hear it is about the same as my RB67 Pro S. I have identified the root cause of the problem I just need to vent and my wife hates to hear about camera "stuff". The winder for the Bessa is on the bottom of the camera holding it in landscape and on the right if holding in portrait but it is out of the way and unobtrusive enough that I don't even think about it so before I can say "Jack Sprat" I now have a double exposure.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    OR get into the habit of advancing the film as soon as a photograph is taken.

Steve
    That has usually been my practice with my 35mm but that was because the lever is right there and it just became rote behavior. Basically I am just going to have to keep it in my hands and get comfortable with it that it also becomes a natural habit.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Click then immediately advance the film. Go around with the camera and no film and practice "Click-advance" so that it is second nature. So you automatically advance after every shot without thinking about it. Even if you had a more expensive camera like a Horseman VHR, you would need to follow the same sequence.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You must get in the habit of advancing the film immediatly after making an exposure. I've been using non-auto anything cameras for most of my life, and sometimes I still forget to advance the film or cock the shutter.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum
    BTW: the big kid in my avatar is my hero, my son, who proudly serves us in the Navy. "SALUTE"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Practice, Practice, Practice. There is no substitute. Everybody has made the same mistake though, maybe you'll get one or two happy accidents out of it.

NJS
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    I always forget to turn off Multi-Ex feature when I change back on SQ-A. :L

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Agreed. Fire the shutter, wind the film. No exceptions.
    Jim MacKenzie - Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

A bunch of Nikons; Feds, Zorkis and a Kiev; Pentax 67-II (inherited from my deceased father-in-law); Bronica SQ-A; and a nice Shen Hao 4x5 field camera with 3 decent lenses that needs to be taken outside more. Oh, and as of mid-2012, one of those bodies we don't talk about here.

Favourite film: do I need to pick only one?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin