Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,749   Posts: 1,483,776   Online: 794

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Twisted sense of humour I can relate to.... The offer still stands though - I've got a fridge full of film and a garden that needs some work.

The boxes of sheet film, I'm keeping for ignatiu5

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I love gardening almost as much as I love my cameras
    Well come do my yard; with all this rain here it is looking like a jungle.
    I have lots of 35mm I don;t think I am going to use.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_c5x4 View Post
    Twisted sense of humour I can relate to.... The offer still stands though - I've got a fridge full of film and a garden that needs some work.

The boxes of sheet film, I'm keeping for ignatiu5
    I'll take you up on that offer. I've always wanted to see jolly ol' England but you get the privilege of paying airfare and room and board. How big is the garden is it a quaint country gentleman's or just under being a farm, like say 1/2 an acre, or do you measure in acres over there.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mwdake View Post
    Well come do my yard; with all this rain here it is looking like a jungle.
    I have lots of 35mm I don;t think I am going to use.
    Make it 120, 220 or even 4x5 and I'm there (dont shoot much 35mm any more)
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum
    BTW: the big kid in my avatar is my hero, my son, who proudly serves us in the Navy. "SALUTE"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    dont shoot much 35mm any more
    Me neither, that's why I have so much in the freezer. I am trying to get the daughter to use some up but it takes her forever to go through a roll of 36.

I have been stocking up on 120 and sheet film though.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I was doing good getting my daughters to shoot 35's, now they have discovered my 4x5's---AAARrrggghhhh! Maybe I will start shooting more 35mm. At least they leave my TLR's alone, They are intimidated by my folders too. I think they only play with my 4x5's to get at my stash of Polapan 100.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum
    BTW: the big kid in my avatar is my hero, my son, who proudly serves us in the Navy. "SALUTE"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Good morning, GuitStik (Joel?);

First, I think our other English speaking (although sometimes you wonder if it is the same language) brothers have gone over to using hectares. Then I also recall an American asking an English fellow why they used all those different terms for common things, and the fellow from England did reply; "Well, after all, we did invent the language."

The point of contention between our cameras and the women in our lives seems to be chronic. I have been blessed with a woman in my life who also has an enthusiatic passion for "gardening." This turns out to be a true blessing. She conducted a computer inventory of her little green creatures that live in various and sundry pots, plots, and beds in and around our house. She revealed that she had at that time 1,385 different plants (she can quote the Latin names for all of them also). A most unfortunate tactical error. When the subject of my cameras came up the next time, I inquired how the plant inventory was doing. She has been much more understanding since then. But then, there is also the point about having two (2) people with obsessive-compulsive addictive personalities living in the same house.
    Enjoy;

Ralph Javins, Latte Land, Washington

When they ask you; "How many Mega Pixels you got in your camera?"
    just tell them; "I use activated silver bromide crystals tor my image storage media."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    She revealed that she had at that time 1,385 different plants
    Now I don't feel so bad having so many cameras.
    And if I could could figure out how to cut a little bit of camera and make it grow in to a whole new camera.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Wheres my replicator when I need it. If only...
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    Multi Format
    A transmogrifier would be nice too.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin