Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,971   Posts: 1,523,559   Online: 829

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Will work for film

Ok, at this particular point in time I now have 1,2,3,4,5,6 uhuh 7 cameras loaded and ready to leap into action at the drop of a hat. That is four MF and three 35's sitting with the safeties off and they could possibly put an eye out. That is a LOT of film especially the 120, I need to find a cheap source to feed my addiction. I have no problem shooting expired film and have even gotten good results from film i found in the bottom of my junk drawer. This is a growing problem that has me scrounging every nook and cranny and even the cushions of the sofa for film. I need help and soon or the next step will be rehab.

"Hello, my name is Joel and I have been a film junkie for twenty
    years and I have been clean for two days"

They (the cameras) seem to call me in the night saying "feed me, feed me, FEED ME"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ever try hypnosis,or the patch.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Shoot with sheet film and a view camera for awhile. You will then form the habit of taking a picture rather than shooting. Like a sniper who may only have one shot, carefully getting the right exposure, compose, expose.

I found when I pick up a 35mm now, I don't burn through a roll of film with a lot of duplicate or wasted shots.

JMHO
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You could go for synth, eg. as with Sonynex. Won't help either but does cost less.
    We cannot change how the cards are dealt, just how to play the hand...
    Randy Pausch

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I've got a fridge full of out of date 120 and a few rolls of 35mm that I'm unlikely to use. Got a garden that needs weeding badly....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    When I started my photographic journey eons ago in High School for the year book/paper, film was supplied by the school.
    In College it was the same story, free film. When I joined the Military and they found that I was handy with a camera, free film. When I got out and went back to school I worked for several papers and the local RLS, more free film. All that time, since film was free, I would shoot everything and anything. When my wife and I had our first child she insisted I get a real job. Fooey.
    Now here I am 20 years later older and wiser, I am much more discriminating about the shots I take. Because of the fact that photography is not my main source of income I spend a lot of time planning out the shoots that I do. Even so, the amount of money that I spend on film would go a long way towards the dreaded "D" word purchase. My wife has blasphemed as much.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You only have seven cameras loaded? Man, you have a LONG way to go before hitting bottom. I have something like 20 currently loaded, and I am far from the worst. Well, maybe not that far... :rolleyes:
    Fred Latchaw
    Seattle WA

I am beginning to resent being referred to as 'half-fast'.
    Whatever that's supposed to mean.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by guitstik View Post
    Now here I am 20 years later older and wiser, I am much more discriminating about the shots I take.
    I owe you an apology - From the heading, I assumed you were a mere youngster looking to fund the habit doing boy-scout type bob-a-jobs...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_c5x4 View Post
    I owe you an apology - From the heading, I assumed you were a mere youngster looking to fund the habit doing boy-scout type bob-a-jobs...
    It was not my intent to mislead anyone on the forum it is just my twisted sense of humor or lack thereof. I find that the more I rediscover the joy of my first love (photography) the lighter my pocket book gets. Come to think of it my wife had that very same effect on me when we were first dating.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_c5x4 View Post
    I've got a fridge full of out of date 120 and a few rolls of 35mm that I'm unlikely to use. Got a garden that needs weeding badly....
    I'll be on the next boat over. I love gardening almost as much as I love my cameras(heres where I tell everyone)although, not nearly as much as I love my wife(she's looking over my shoulder as I write this).
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum
    BTW: the big kid in my avatar is my hero, my son, who proudly serves us in the Navy. "SALUTE"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin