Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,287   Posts: 1,535,314   Online: 905

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Well, which is it -- "a very reasonable price" or a "small fortune"?

Can't be both. You got a nice camera...be open to something new and go with your initial gut reaction. I bet in a month or two there won't be any doubt at all!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You chose a great camera and glass. the sharpest medium format glass there is! I wish i didnt get rid of my 7 but i could not adapt to a rangefinder. Congrats on the gear purchase!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hallo,
    I had a sought of similar reaction to buying my Hasselblad - even though I had thought it all through, searched and waited for *the right one* once I had bought it - <panic> what had I done, too much money, what was I thinking, could have got a blah blah blah instead......etc.
    I think your reaction is typical of someone who (not knowing circumstances) may not have loads of money to burn/waste and perhaps seeks value for money.
    Not knowing what you paid for the camera, difficult to say if you got a bargain - however, the 7II and lenses are legendary and was the only viable alternative for me to the Hass.
    Try it, enjoy it and if it doesn't suit I would be confident you could get what you paid for it.

Sim2.

Shooter
    35mm
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Look at it this way ... you're going to like it so much that once you sell all your DSLR's you'll probably almost break even.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    "Reasonable price" vs "Small Fortune" depends on the level of anxiety I'm feeling at any particular moment.

Actually, the price I paid was 60% less than the new Mamiya 7ii bundle at B&H, although the retail USA/Canada prices for these cameras are totally ridiculous to begin with.

Thanks to everyone for their positive words of encouragement...photos to follow soon.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bobby novatron View Post
    Someone please re-assure me! This wasn't a bad move, was it?
    Not a bad move at all, you'll have fun with it. When I got my first mamiya 6, I
    practically slept with it for the first few weeks.

Especially if heavily used, these RFs can have some issues requiring adjustment, so be sure to give it a good going-over before as soon as you get it. Then... enjoy! It's one of the finest pieces ever. My 6es are constant companions. And I've probably shot 75+% of everything with them.
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    The only thing I wish the Mamiya 7 did better was with closeup photos. The 150 could be a nice portrait lens if it focused closer. And macro is certainly out. The 7 system would be the last camera(s) I sold as well.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    You may want to check if your camera was imported through Mamiya USA. If it's a gray market import, they won't service it. Not to worry - you can always send it to Precision Camera Works:

http://www.precisioncameraworks.com/Pages/services.html

I haven't used their services yet myself, but a friend had good experiences with them.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Budding View Post
    You may want to check if your camera was imported through Mamiya USA. If it's a gray market import, they won't service it. Not to worry - you can always send it to Precision Camera Works:

http://www.precisioncameraworks.com/Pages/services.html

I haven't used their services yet myself, but a friend had good experiences with them.
    I can vouch for Precision Camera Works. Good work, fair price. I've also used Mamiya USA for adjustments---also good, and faster than Precision.
    Michael Sebastian
    Website | Blog

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thank you for the info re: servicing (precisioncameraworks) ... that is good to know for any future servicing. Don't know if the unit I bought is grey market or not.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin