Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,666   Posts: 1,481,700   Online: 706

Shooter
    Multi Format

M645 extention rings - caution on usage?

I have a Mamiya M645 Pro along with Mamiya's extension ring, 1, 2, and 3.

I understand the basic premise of extension rings and what it does, but I am not sure if there are special considerations in using Mamiya's implementation of the device?

For example, Hasselblad version require that ER's be attached to the body first, then the lens; then taken apart in exactly the reverse order.

I'm particularly concerned because the lever that actuates the aperture to close to the set value upon firing the shutter can possibly in wrong position and that could require certain caution and attention when putting together the assembly. There are 3 alignment marks on the ER body... what are these for? (one is obvious)

Can anyone assist?
    Develop, stop, fix.... wait.... where's my film?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    In the case of the Mamiya 645 extension rings the opposite is true. From the manual and my own usage I can say that the only correct way is to first attach the rings to the lens, and after that attach the set to the body. Any other way the aperture lever on the body will not like you.

I'll see if I can quote something from the manual this evening.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Very much appreciated.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I looked around on the net for a manual or instructions and the best I could find was the what Lars is saying. (mount tube to lens first)

I have additional issues because I have a 645 AFD and was wondering what could be mixed and matched.

You can mount a manual lens on a AF/AFD body and use stop down metering and manual focus so can you use M645 manual tubes with a manual lens on a AFD body? It seems you should be able to.

I cant even find the correct way to mount the m645 tube to a m645 lens. There is the stop down lever that tkamiya mentions then there is the metering coupler prong like Nikon uses.

Anyone know where I can find some decent instructions. Butkus.org came up with an accessories brochure but that doesn't contain and instructions on the dos and don'ts.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I looked everywhere also and couldn't find a thing.... I'm guessing extension rings weren't so widely sold, hence scarcity on information...

I know the metering coupler on lens couples to the pin right below the name plate on body. Inside it, there is a variable resister strip. (yes, I took it apart!) So, I'm guessing, I have to couple lens to the tube to the body all metering stuff coupled together in order for metering to actually work.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'll try to scan and post the manual for the extension rings tonight. Wanted to do it yesterday but somehow our football team made it to the finals...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    waiting... waiting... waiting... boy, this is a looooong foot ball game...

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin