Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,300   Posts: 1,535,870   Online: 973

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: eBay find

Shooter
    35mm

eBay find

Just received this little gem.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=200487192195

It's in marvelous condition with everything working, sound bellows and clean
    glass. A nicely built little 645 folder with 4-glass lens.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Purdy!

Have you shot a roll yet?
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    35mm
    ^ Nope. Will do soon.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    how good are the lens on these compared to Zeiss and Agfa folders of same era?
    Simplicius

"defying gravity since 1898"

My Flickr Account

North America just north of that sharp right turn North America makes on the Atlantic coast.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    I envy you, and I have a lot of cool cameras so that is saying a lot. Did it come with that film in it, and if so do you plan to see if you can process it? It looks like C-22 film, but I believe you can cross process that can't you?

That looks like it will make a great "pocket" camera for vacation shooting, enjoy it.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by bblhed View Post
    I envy you, and I have a lot of cool cameras so that is saying a lot. Did it come with that film in it, and if so do you plan to see if you can process it? It looks like C-22 film, but I believe you can cross process that can't you?

That looks like it will make a great "pocket" camera for vacation shooting, enjoy it.
    Yes, it's C-22 film. Not sure what I'll do with it. I may play with color cross
    processing at some point but I mostly just do B&W so I don't have the color
    chemistry on hand.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Simplicius View Post
    how good are the lens on these compared to Zeiss and Agfa folders of same era?
    I'll try to get a roll shot in the next few days and post my results. I am
    expecting it to be comparable to a Tessar but we'll see.

There is one oddity -- the shutter release is on the left side but in playing with it
    that doesn't really seem like much of an issue. I would probably shoot it in
    landscape orientation mostly anyway which requires turning the camera on its end
    so that shouldn't make much difference.

I also dug up a Rondo rangefinder I had which seems to fit it perfectly:

Last edited by BobD; 07-08-2010 at 07:55 PM. Click to view previous post history.

North America just north of that sharp right turn North America makes on the Atlantic coast.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    You are really making me want one of these, my wife is a lefty, and a left handed camera would have huge WAF because she would not have to fight with it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by BobD View Post
    There is one oddity -- the shutter release is on the left side but in playing with it that doesn't really seem like much of an issue.
    The shutter is on the correct side. Just like the Hasselblad V series is held in the left hand, adjusted and focused with the right. The Exacta had the same proper setup. At least three companies knew how to design a camera properly. Remember that only left handed people are in their right mind.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    35mm
    ^ Ah, thanks for setting me straight on that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin