Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,989   Posts: 1,524,087   Online: 1126

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    AngentX, thank you. Do not worry about the photos too much. Still - if possible I would have a few more questions:
    - When I look at the following two models, namely the "Camera bag [small]" and the "Super DeLuxe Courier Bag [small]" it seems that apart from tiny size difference the only difference left is the photo insert. So - how do you find that usage of the bag with the insert removed?

- I guess once you are on the move you have little chance, but would you accidentally know how heavy is the bag (without photo insert) ? BBB2 is about 500g and once I decided to get a bag without a single zipper I would like that the weight stays down.

I still fear getting keys of wallet lost (from a bag that is not full up to the top) when turned or flipped accidentally (in airplane, bus, shop). How do you find the security of the bag? I have contacted Courierware asking for a possible additional pocket flaps, bit got no answer yet.

Also - if you were to make the choice again - would you go for Courierware bag or would you also consider the Timbuk2 bags (though more expensive, but quite customizable)?

EDIT: I am able to find the Timbuk2 bags in Europe so that would be an advantage of the other two, tho the bags are somewhat heavier (well, have more features ...) so therefore I would like to hear some opinions about those too

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Having never owned or even seen the non-camera Courierware bag, I can't really say what the differences are; sorry. I also haven't used it much without the inserts, but it does fine without it in my limited experience. It's a much simpler bag inside than my wife's Timbuk2, and I'd stick with the courierware myself.

Can't weigh anything right now, but the insert seems heavy. Then again, the bag itself is very light and unstructured, so it balances out. If I was going to the trouble of ordering a Courierware, I would DEFINITELY get the camera insert, and if I hated it, I'd give it to a friend or sell it on Ebay. Again, I feel it's a massive advantage over the naked bag, and you'll only know how it works for you if you try it. It's not particularly rigid, which is why I like it so much-good balance of softness, structure, and moldability of the bag to your body.

My bag has the exterior clips to hold it shut, and it works pretty well--slower than big single clip, but more secure along the fairly long flap on the medium bag. No problems with security of stuff on the inside pockets even when the bag isn't stuffed full.

I like the stabilizer strap, too.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Sorry;dunno if these are still useful, but here she is with 2 TLRs, spotmeter, film, laptop, cords, and accessories... Plentyh of room to spare and space to work in/out of.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    AgentX - thanks for the photos.

I actually did get the Courierware messenger bag (size Small) and had Courierware to make a few minor changes. I did not get the version with photo insert though.

As I am leaving for vacation on Friday and still have plenty thing to organize I may not be able to post a more detailed review of it. But the first impression is very good quality of materials and workmanship. The bag seems to just do what I need it to - to hold a Mamiya 6 with 3 lenses and all the rest of the stuff one may need during a one day trip. What I would also like to mention is that Eric at Courierware was very helpful and fast to communicate with.

Stay tuned for a review of this bag.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Sorry for the delay but glad you've got something you're happy with! These are great bags.

Shooter
    Multi Format

review is here ...

So, the promised review is HERE

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin