Switch to English Language Passer en langue franšaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 74,632   Posts: 1,648,043   Online: 794

Shooter
    35mm

Minolta autocord LMX lens cap

Hi,

I just got a LMX, but it doesn't come with a cap.
    are all of the autocord use bay1, and i can buy one for mine

and how do i load the film?
    I couldn't open the film chamber...
    do i just have to pull out the upper knob, then the door should open, is it?

thanks

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Can't help you with loading the film, but for several of my classics, including my rolleiflex automat which is B 1 I used the top of an ilford 135 film container,Richard

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Correct, pulling the knob should open it.

Are you sure you're pulling on the correct knob? At least on my model, it is the small knob on the upper left. Unlike many TLRs, the back is hinged at the bottom, not the top, so the back opens the opposite direction of most. When you do open the back, be careful about the positioning of the focusing lever. The back can hit it when it swings down.

I did get metal Minolta lens cap with my Autocord but I'm not a big fan of the design. One end locks in but the other is on a hinge and can come undone. If the other side comes undone, the whole cap can fall off. Mine came off this weekend while in a bag. I'm seriously lucky the metal cap didn't scratch the lens. I'll probably pick up another cheap plastic one on ebay soon.

Shooter
    35mm
    i will try it again later on.

but how would i know which cap to go for on ebay?
    would it match if it say it works on hassy and yashica?
    thanks

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Yep, a standard cheap plastic Bay 1 lens cap will work. On eBay, the dealer heavystar sells a decent quality one.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Plastic-Twin-Len...item53e0f224b3

And yep again, pull the smaller knob on the upper left. The top of the back should pop away. If it doesn't open by itself, give a little tug, maybe slide a fingernail into the top edge and give a little help. There could be dirt or such binding it up.

Film goes into the top chamber. Empty spool in the bottom chamber. Wind to the arrows matching the red dots. Close, then wind the crank until it stops, then wind the crank backwards to park it.

The original hinged Minolta caps come loose on me, also. I put a small strip of thin flocking tape on the bottom edge of the lower piece (un-tabbed peice). I need to snug it into place, but it stays.

tac

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Check this out - Hope it helps!

http://www.butkus.org/chinon/minolta.htm

And if you go on ebay, you should consider getting a Bay 1 lens shade as well; these cameras tend to be very susceptible to flare.
    Last edited by tac; 07-13-2010 at 11:59 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    finally able to open it
    i was keep pulling the wrong knob... that's why it didn't open the door :P

have ordered the lens cap already,
    but will check if i hate the flare before i go for the hood
    it is quite expensive and sounds inconvenience to use, if i have to keep putting the cap off, put the hood on then shoot...

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  Ś   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin