Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,702   Posts: 1,482,650   Online: 690

Thread: f vs s

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

f vs s

Say does anyone know the differences between the Mamiya C330 f and s camera versions?
    Thank You
    Follow the Light John 8:12
    ~~~PhotoBob

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The main difference, besides age, is that the C330 and C330f take one type of interchangeable viewing screen, while the newer C330s takes another type.

Here is a link to the appropriate section on Graham Paterson's excellent reference:

http://www.btinternet.com/~g.a.patte...html#Heading25
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The 'S' version also has more plastic parts for lighter weight than the previous incarnations.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum
    BTW: the big kid in my avatar is my hero, my son, who proudly serves us in the Navy. "SALUTE"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've been using an "F" for more than twenty years and given the choice I would rather have that model than the "S" (1) Because the screens are more easily available on the used market (2) Less plastic in the construction (3) The back of the "S" is difficult to open if you need to change film quickly.
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by benjiboy View Post
    I've been using an "F" for more than twenty years and given the choice I would rather have that model than the "S" (1) Because the screens are more easily available on the used market (2) Less plastic in the construction (3) The back of the "S" is difficult to open if you need to change film quickly.
    Ditto... plus the "f" is cheaper than the "s" if all other things are equal...
    Steve

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin