Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,205   Posts: 1,531,762   Online: 967

Shooter
    Multi Format

Adapt-A-Roll 620 Question

I am a bit confused about what I am reading about these devices. I think I am looking for a 2x3 Adapt-A-Roll 620 to use with a Kodak Premoette Jr rebuild I'm working on. Now I've seen an Adapt-A-Roll that is listed as a 4x5 that can capture a 2 1/4 x 3 1/4 image (you can actually see this discription in an original Adapt-A-Roll manual here). That confuses me because thats the size image my Premoette Jr captures but I was under the assumption that I'm looking for a 2x3 Adapt-A-Roll that captures a 2 1/4 x 3 1/4 image. See why Im confused??
    Can someone please confirm that there are 2x3 Adapt-A-Rolls for shooting 2 1/4 x 3 1/4 images? I just need that clarification before I go buy a 4x5 and get upset that it doesnt fit in the Premoette (a 2x3, if I am correct that they come in that size, will fit as I understand it).

Thank you.

Also, any leads on where I can find one would be very much appreciated as well. Thanks again!
    Francesco Fragomeni
    www.FrancescoFragomeni.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I assume your Kodak Premoette Jr. only using 620 is the reason you are in this quandry, correct? What are you attempting to do? Are you just wanting to shoot some type of film in this camera? All of my Kodak's use 620 and I use a set of spacers and a mask to use 120 film in those cameras. It can be tricky because the numbers are off but once you figure out what the spacing is you can get spectacular or just really good panoramic shots. What I did was used a practice roll and spooled it into the camera and with the back open counted the turns of the take up knob and the distances for each frame and then I made up cards that represented the panoramic shot on the film and wrote down all the specifics such as turn count and how many extra turns past the number in the amber view gave me the frame I wanted. Does any of this make sense or am I just rambling?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by guitstik View Post
    I assume your Kodak Premoette Jr. only using 620 is the reason you are in this quandry, correct? What are you attempting to do? Are you just wanting to shoot some type of film in this camera? All of my Kodak's use 620 and I use a set of spacers and a mask to use 120 film in those cameras. It can be tricky because the numbers are off but once you figure out what the spacing is you can get spectacular or just really good panoramic shots. What I did was used a practice roll and spooled it into the camera and with the back open counted the turns of the take up knob and the distances for each frame and then I made up cards that represented the panoramic shot on the film and wrote down all the specifics such as turn count and how many extra turns past the number in the amber view gave me the frame I wanted. Does any of this make sense or am I just rambling?
    No, I am quite experienced with re-spooling 120 on 620 spools as I shoot with many originally 620 medium format cameras. The Kodak Premoette Jr. did not take roll film, it took pack film which has been long gone. From my understanding an Adapt-A-Roll 620 (with 120 film of course) will work perfectly in allowing me to use roll film in my Premoette. Th Premoette used 2 1/4 x 3 1/4 film sheets in film packs so I need the appropriate Adapt-A-Roll. My question is whether or not all Adapt-A-Rolls are for 4x5 or if some are made for 2x3 cameras as well which according to what I've read is exactly what I need. I just need confirmation that I am understanding everything correctly.
    Francesco Fragomeni

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ah, sorry, OMIF disease affecting me again. I'm not familiar with the Premoette but as I stated all my Kodak's are set up for 620. As to the Adapt-A-roll, again not a subject I am familiar with so I will just shut up now...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by guitstik View Post
    Ah, sorry, OMIF disease affecting me again. I'm not familiar with the Premoette but as I stated all my Kodak's are set up for 620. As to the Adapt-A-roll, again not a subject I am familiar with so I will just shut up now...
    Haha no worries! I appreciate any attempt to help!
    Francesco Fragomeni

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The adapt-a roll 620 does indeed come in a 2 1/4 x 3 1/4 version, which takes images that size, or even 6 x 6, with a dark-slide mask inserted. You can load 120 film in it without much trouble, but you must use a 620 take-up reel. I have one for my Busch Model C.

Images
    As Whitey said, the AAR comes in two sizes, one that fits 4x5 cameras and one that fits 2x3 cameras. Both give you a 2 1/4" x 3 1/4" (6x9) image. The only difference is the size of the section that fits under the ground glass.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Great! Thanks so much for the confirmation. I couldn't figure out if I was understanding how these things were made. Now to find a 2x3 for my project! Hopefully one will find its way to ebay soon!

Thanks again!
    Francesco Fragomeni

Shooter
    Multi Format
    These are used with Press or view cameras that use 4x5 sheet film. The probably make one for Press cameras that take 2.25x3.25 sheet film, I know Graflex did.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin