Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 76,253   Posts: 1,680,470   Online: 738

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I'm glad the C220 is larger than the Rolleicord/Autocord and that I'm so picky about size.

A friend offered me a lens that needed some shutter work. I was thinking about taking it but then I'd want a body to use it with... and that lens was a telephoto so I would have wanted a wider lens to go with it... and suddenly I would have found myself with a fourth TLR. I'm still testing the YashicaMat I was given to repair recently before passing that on to a friend.

I've used a Bronica SQ-A, several TLRs and a few folders as I went on a medium format purchasing exploration myself. I like walkabout cameras so the TLRs and folders fit me better than the SQ-A, despite the obvious value in interchangeable lenses. The Autocord, Rolleicord and Zenobia are my favorites so far. I still use the SQ-A when I'm doing slightly more studio style shooting (and I would probably use it much more if I had a 50mm lens for it) but be careful about thinking 'flexible == preferable'. A MF camera you can put in your pocket like the Zenobia serves a different roll than a system camera.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Sully75 View Post
    cfclark, you could own a really premo crown graphic if you just looked at my classified ad...just sayin'!
    Of course I had to go and look--hmm, very nice, still have to work on the space, time, budget and knowledge part of the equation.
    Pentax: 6x7 MLU
    Olympus: OM-1n
    Graflex: Miniature (2x3) Speed Graphic

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I have a mantra of '4x5 would be hard to process and work with' right now. I'm only set up to deal with formats up to 6x6 at the moment.

Besides, that would divert money away from my rangefinder buying spree.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Force/grasshopper? Mixed metaphor alert. Tell me more of the CG as that would be the next logical step in my evolutionary slide into photographic purgatory. Step on the GAS.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I've been working with 5x7 for a little while and I find it to be not much more of a pain than MF or 35mm. The difference is that you end up taking a lot less pictures, but it takes about the same amount of time to develop them. For instance, if I'm doing portraits with someone, I'm going to shoot 1-2 rolls of 120 film. If I'm shooting 5x7, I'll shoot 2-4 frames. It makes you really focus. But in the end, I'm only interested in having one really good picture of a situation. If things are going well, and there's more than one good picture on a roll of 120, I'm still going to have to pick only 1.

If you are coming from digital, and you really want to twist your head around, try a 4x5. In fact, try the one I have listed for sale
    paulmcevoy.net
    flickr.com/paulmcevoy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sully75 View Post
    The difference is that you end up taking a lot less pictures, but it takes about the same amount of time to develop them.
    Couldn't agree more.

At the end of the day I want a print and how many prints can you do even if you're digital?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin