Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,300   Posts: 1,535,818   Online: 693

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I've been working with 5x7 for a little while and I find it to be not much more of a pain than MF or 35mm. The difference is that you end up taking a lot less pictures, but it takes about the same amount of time to develop them. For instance, if I'm doing portraits with someone, I'm going to shoot 1-2 rolls of 120 film. If I'm shooting 5x7, I'll shoot 2-4 frames. It makes you really focus. But in the end, I'm only interested in having one really good picture of a situation. If things are going well, and there's more than one good picture on a roll of 120, I'm still going to have to pick only 1.

If you are coming from digital, and you really want to twist your head around, try a 4x5. In fact, try the one I have listed for sale
    paulmcevoy.net
    flickr.com/paulmcevoy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sully75 View Post
    The difference is that you end up taking a lot less pictures, but it takes about the same amount of time to develop them.
    Couldn't agree more.

At the end of the day I want a print and how many prints can you do even if you're digital?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by guitstik View Post
    Force/grasshopper? Mixed metaphor alert.
    Good work, I wanted to see who was paying attention and who was sleeping in the class.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin