Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,688   Posts: 1,548,698   Online: 1180

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You should sell your Stradivary so you can buy much more kameras and use film;--)))

Cheers Armin
    Good light and nice shadows!

www.artfoto.ch

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by stradibarrius View Post
    I klnow some of you will say you can never have too many cameras but, I have a Mamiya M645 1000s, M645 and three great lenses for these bodies.
    I also have an RB67, 4 lenses , 3 back, left hand grip and the Mamiya hard aluminum case.

I am trying to decide do I need both of these kits and wondered how some of you might think this through.
    Too many cameras? Are you joking?
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I'm the last one to tell anyone that they need to pare down. Unless you use them the same way, keep them unless you really need the money.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You do not have too many cameras. I have too many cameras.

P.S. I do use most of them, though some of them very rarely. There are a few "projects" that I don't use (old cheap Polaroids that I intend to convert to pinhole some day, some Brownies that I haven't shot with yet, and a Rollei Wide that needs a shutter service.)

As for your particular case, whether or not you should keep the M645 depends on what you use it for. If you never use it for things for which you cannot also use the RB just as easily, I guess there is no need to keep it.

Me personally? I have an M645 kit (two bodies, three lenses) and an RZ kit (one body, one lens, and six backs, plus I usually have a borrowed kit from a friend that has another body, two lenses, prism, and four backs). I use them both for different things, and usually bring both on a trip. It would be hard for me to pick one or the other...though if I had to, it would be the RZ.
    Last edited by 2F/2F; 07-16-2010 at 06:44 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I only count...three.....in what alternate universe is that too many cameras?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've almost always regretted selling gear. I've replaced stuff that I once had. This isn't a particularly smart way to go. I'd suggest putting away the stuff not in use so it doesn't weigh on the mind and wait until some project comes up that calls for it. Always seems to happen eventually.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This is not the place to ask how many cameras one should have .

(He pauses, and then a smile slowly appears on his face).

Unless, of course, one intends to share the result of the "poll" with someone else, like a spouse.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Have you used them both within the last year? If so, keep them. If there is one which you haven't used, you can get rid of it. Realize, though, that as soon as it's gone you'll want it back.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by stradibarrius View Post
    I klnow some of you will say you can never have too many cameras.
    Nope...you can never have ENOUGH cameras
    Real men use Speed Graphics and flashbulbs.

Falkland Islands: not any more now I'm in Lincolnshire UK
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    I have got too many MF cameras. 2!. I only want one but the RB67 is not all that portable in my hand and the Fuji GW690 does not produce pictures of the same quality as the Mamiya but is easier to carry,. There is no simple solution so I will just have to keep both and enjoy an occasional fondle.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin