Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 76,274   Posts: 1,681,005   Online: 1128

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This last post describes me too. Time and money are big limitations for me on using the gear I have. Probably more of a time limitation right now.

Dave

Shooter
    Medium Format
    May as well ask. To many potato chips?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by skahde View Post
    Onto the general question I'd like to say that, no, there is no such thing as to many cameras.

[...]

But I admit to be an adict and keep buying and selling gear.
    A true addict doesn't sell gear.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I am having the same problem of which camera to keep or feeling I have to many. I have a Bronica ETRSi, Mamiya RB67 and a C220 all with multiple lenses and backs. Does the difference between 6x7 and 6x6 justify having both formats? If I feel the final image should be rectangular I could always crop the 6x6. Also is there that much difference between the 6x4.5 neg and the 6x7? In the end I have a feeling i will keep one of the systems with the bellows since I feel the focusing is sharper because of it.
    Driving myself crazy.
    Arthur

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Not sure. I have an RB67 and an ETRS too - and a Rolleicord in place of your C220 to give me the same three 120 formats.

I would never sell the Rolleicord as it is such a nice piece of engineering and I wouldn't sell the RB67 either because I like it too much.

The ETRS only gets occasional use but it isn't worth much to me to sell it. The body is a bit cranky as the battery check/shutter LED is missing and batteries don't last very long in it so to sell the whole lot I would need to buy a new body first. It's not worth the bother to me.

I got the ETRS first as my first medium format SLR then progressed to the RB67. I suppose if my first had been a SQ instead, or a Hasselblad, I wouldn't have bought the RB67.

When I am using the Rolleicord I tend to use the square format for composing so I don't think in rectangles.

I suppose I just like lots of different formats. That's probably why I'm currently building a 6x12 format camera.

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have only sold what I know I will never use. Unfortunately, that has only applied to a very small number of cameras. Logic would say I have many that I probably will never use but its hard to really know that, so I keep em. Can't help myself so I guess I am an addict.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    One can have too many women & too much whiskey (maybe)..... but too many cameras? I beg to differ

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    I never sell cameras, guns, fishing gear, Ham radio stuff, or RC planes. (or pets, or wives for that matter).
    Kids?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ishutteratthethought View Post
    One can have too many women & too much whiskey (maybe)..... but too many cameras? I beg to differ
    Do you shutter at the thought?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    What do you think the chances are of any of the folks on this thread actually doing the one camera, one lens, one film, one year class is? So much equipment,,, so little time ;-)
    I can just about remember owning only one camera!

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin