Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,975   Posts: 1,523,635   Online: 1100

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ishutteratthethought View Post
    One can have too many women & too much whiskey (maybe)..... but too many cameras? I beg to differ
    Do you shutter at the thought?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    What do you think the chances are of any of the folks on this thread actually doing the one camera, one lens, one film, one year class is? So much equipment,,, so little time ;-)
    I can just about remember owning only one camera!

Steve.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Smith View Post
    I can just about remember owning only one camera!

Steve.
    I only had one camera for several years ( a minolta 800si), then I decided I wanted to really learn how to make photographs so I got a manual focus (x-700) that was interesting so I got a ziess folder, that was fun so I got a speed graphic...
    everything after that is kind of hazy...
    Real men use Speed Graphics and flashbulbs.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    b...

i don't think you have read the confess up how many cameras do you own thread.
    i agree with mr ishutteratthethought
    ask me how ..

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    By bouncing around from one camera to the other week by week do we ever get the best from ourselves or the camera? Kind of like a jack of all trades and master of none. From what i have read over the years it seems to me that most of the famous and not so famous photographers we hold with such reverance used one and only one brand or type of camera and sometimes only one lens for their camera. Why or how do I and others get so caught up in the gear?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by FM2N View Post
    By bouncing around from one camera to the other week by week do we ever get the best from ourselves or the camera?
    We do not always achieve this by doing so (and yes; definitely sometimes we definitely do achieve this by doing so), but whilst doing so. In other words, great photographers usually get the best from themselves and their camera, period, regardless of what it is or how many different ones they use.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This thread is becoming either a "camera confessional" or a place to brag. To that I take my place at the podium and say "hello, my name is Joel (pause for obligatory greeting) and I'm a cameraholic. I had been clean for about twenty years with only the occasional cheap P&S but now that I have fewer children an a little bit more discretionary funds to play with I say to heck with it all I'm gonna go nuts and get what I want before the world comes to a screeching halt and we all get flung out into space. Thank you and goodnight."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    That's too funny, S.

Quote Originally Posted by ishutteratthethought View Post
    One can have too many women & too much whiskey (maybe)..... but too many cameras? I beg to differ
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by FM2N View Post
    By bouncing around from one camera to the other week by week do we ever get the best from ourselves or the camera? Kind of like a jack of all trades and master of none.
    I expect some of us become masters of all trades and others, jacks of none (except that the last bit doesn't make any sense!).

Steve.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    One can never have too many cameras! Too few however is a grave sin.

I have the following:

An Olympus half-frame camera
    An OM1 (35mm)
    An OM2s/p (35mm) plus lenses (18mm, 24mm, 50mm f1.8, 135mm f2.8, 35-70mm)

A Contax G2 camera plus lenses (21mm, 28mm, 35mm, 45mm, 90mm)

An Olympus E-3 camera plus lenses (50mm macro, 7-14mm, 12-60mm, 50-200mm)

My "new" Mamiya 645 Pro TL camera (4.5x6) plus lenses - so far (55mm N/L, 80mm, 80mm macro)

My dad's Box Brownie

A Microcord TLR (6x6)

Ebony 45SU (4x5) plus lenses (58mm XL, 75mm, 90mm, 120mm Apo, 120mm macro, 150mm, 180mm, 229mm (Cooke PS945), 300mm)

Oh yes, and the digital compacts made by Olympus, Nikon & Leica...

Did you say you had too many cameras and lenses? :rolleyes:
    Last edited by Thingy; 07-23-2010 at 09:57 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    The Thing

Portfolio

Film Cameras currently used:
    Large/Stort-format: Ebony 45SU (field camera), Medium/Medlem-format: Mamiya 7, Hasselblad 503CW
    35mm/Små format: Nikon: F4, D800 (yes digital, I know)

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin