Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,531   Posts: 1,572,603   Online: 1130

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by lxdude View Post
    Kids?
    On second thought,,, I'll keep the kids and trade the wife for another camera.

Am I in trouble now???

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Thingy View Post
    One can never have too many cameras! Too few however is a grave sin.

I have the following:

[...]
    Thing. Looks like you're a sinner, doesn't it?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post

Am I in trouble now???
    Don't ask us. Ask your wife!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    "hello, my name is Grif (pause for obligatory greeting) and I'm a cameraholic. I had been clean for about 2 months (oops,,, one week actually), but now that I have fewer children at home, an a little bit more discretionary funds to play with I say to heck with it all I'm gonna go nuts and get what I want before the world comes to a screeching halt and we all get flung out into space. Of course, the funds are split between cameras, guns, radios, rc planes, one old bronco, and on, and on, and on, so I'm spending way too many hours at various meetings like this one.... ;-)

Thank you and goodnight."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Grey hair, no defining learning disabilities,,, not a chance I'll check in with SWMBO on this one ;-)

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Grif

Am I in trouble now???

Don't ask us. Ask your wife!

Shooter
    Multi Format

Am I in trouble now???
    You got it right. You are in good company here.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    "hello, my name is Grif (pause for obligatory greeting) and I'm a cameraholic. I had been clean for about 2 months (oops,,, one week actually), but now that I have fewer children at home, an a little bit more discretionary funds to play with I say to heck with it all I'm gonna go nuts and get what I want before the world comes to a screeching halt and we all get flung out into space. Of course, the funds are split between cameras, guns, radios, rc planes, one old bronco, and on, and on, and on, so I'm spending way too many hours at various meetings like this one.... ;-)

Thank you and goodnight."
    My name is Steve and I have GAS ...
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jnanian View Post
    b...

i don't think you have read the confess up how many cameras do you own thread.
    i agree with mr ishutteratthethought
    Who, ME? uhh well y'see its like this, umm I was watching that thread for a while but, well *blush* I stopped counting a couple of years ago when I realised I was at 90+:rolleyes:

I agree with ishutteratthethought too
    Real men use Speed Graphics and flashbulbs.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I don't know if it'll help you or not, but for me I have too many cameras if I have a camera I never use, or multiple cameras that fill the same niche, which for me is a pretty wide covering thing. Basically I have one tripod bound system (4x5), and two handheld systems (FM2n and 645 Pro). I'm seriously considering getting rid of the Mamiya system now because I just don't enjoy it's bulk for handheld shooting and if I'm going to use a tripod, why not just shoot 4x5?

Is three cameras too many? Not really, but I feel it's almost too many for me.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Grif

Welcome on board our merry ship!

I have just started to use the Mamiya 645 Pro TL for macro work (80mm lens plus auto macro spacer when needed), instead of using my Olympus E-3 digital camera because I think film give better results. I have a Contax G2 rangefinder, which is an excellent small camera for documentary work and low-light landscape photography when I don't want to lug my large format equipment around with me.

I will be carrying my 645 with my 5x4 outfit and will use the 645 for close-up and macro field work, where LF macro is impractical. I did seriously consider the RZ67 but it is too heavy & bulky to be used in addition to my 5x4 camera, plus the fact that I usually carry a 6x9 rollfilm holder for the 5x4 camera. I think the 645 format is an excellent compromise - and for macro work I do like the luxury of the AE Prism Finder whilst using the WLF and spot meter for low level work.

Steve
    The Thing

Portfolio

Film Cameras currently used:
    Large/Stort-format: Ebony 45SU (field camera), Medium/Medlem-format: Mamiya 7, Hasselblad 503CW
    35mm/Små format: Nikon: F4, D800 (yes digital, I know)

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin