Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,765   Posts: 1,484,074   Online: 1000

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    No idea I tried the hole lens removal trick to no avail, the hole near Pro-S on the body.

Anyway I've got the rear of the bellows detached... how does the body communicate to the lens? :S

Im assuming its that silver bar at in the center at the bottom and it rotates? maybe I could rotate it...

Its nothing silly, its jammed, I went to press down the mirror before the exposure was over, and I think this lens has a fault, so it didnt close the shutter when I did that, and thus jammed.

I dont mean the shutter is not pressing in I mean the mirror and miror lever are jammed half way down, they wont go forward, or back, ie: I cannot cock the shutter, and I cannot remove the lens unless I cock the shutter. The shutter in the lens is still open, I cannot close it.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Okay

Turn your RB67 upside down and extend the bollows, fire the shutter.

Which way does the silver bar rotate?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    From upside down it rotates to the left or clockwise.
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It rotates clockwise.
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Thats it I'm getting a new body, and lens, this one couldnt fire above 1/15th so I think.

There is a screw thats stripped I cant get it, and something is internally wrong with the body.

It was the 65mm C, still have the 180C in perfect condition at least. *sigh*

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Gee, I'm sorry that it's so difficult to get in there, I sat and looked at mine but couldn't see anything that would help. Did you put in a cable release in the lens shutter release and give the rings a good rotating and press the release? With the mirror half way up though it looks like something is broken inside in the linkage.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Its nothing to do with that, the gears are jammed and opposing. Normally that wouldnt happen with a non-faulty lens. The shutter had just started to close I can see the very edges of it when it jammed, so I timed it perfect with a counter rotation by pressing the cocking lever down at the right time.

I'm sure something snapped, and something went flying at high speed when a spring came off when I was trying to follow all the gears back to try and find a point to manipulate.

I've had enough, it's going on ebay to be sold for parts after I keep what I need to build another kit imported from the U.S. ebay (probably from shutterblade).

My massive drawer of 120 supplies are going in the fridge.

At least I have my Nikonos and Speed Graphic, though its not the same

I feel like this, specifically 1:33
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YersIyzsOpc

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If you have the plain RB67 send me your striped down body and lens obviously and I will swap my RB67 body. I don't happen to have that lens but more than likely the problem is in the lens. I have more resources at my disposal to effect repairs to it. This all contingent, of course, on your willingness to do so and if you can get it to work yourself. Doing a swap does not help you right now but it is an option you have open to you to get up and running again.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I'm in Australia.

Im pretty sure its kaput.

It's only $120 AUD for another RB67 body from the U.S.

Cheaper than repairing anything in this country, and with the 3-4 week shipping time, 2 to 4x as fast as having anything repaired in this country.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It was just an option I was trying to make available to you. I have access to another RB and I am working on a deal for another so I would not be suffering from a shortage.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin