Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,769   Posts: 1,516,492   Online: 803

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

RB67 Mirror Jammed

So I was just trying to get through the last shot to put some colour film in.

I depressed the mirror return while the shutter was still open as it was on 1/4th of a second shutter speed

The lever is stuck half way as is the mirror (though it can go up)

What do I need to do to reset this? I havent forced anything.

The lens unlocking ring will only turn half way, so I cant get the lens off.
    Last edited by Athiril; 07-17-2010 at 10:10 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I looked in my book and found nothing helpful, but there are a few genuine RB67 experts here who I'm sure will offer a useful suggestion or two.
    If I had been present at the creation, I would have given some useful hints for the better arrangement of the Universe.
    Alfonso the Wise, 1221-1284

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    ive been trying the paperclip hole trick for the past 2 hours to no avail, i just cant seem to find the lock to take the lens off.

every other thread on the subject says "there are plenty of threads on it" yep there are - they all say to do a search for other threads on it

Can anyone tell me how deep the lock behind the hole is supposed to be, exactly where and how to engage it properly?

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Is this of any help?

google: rb67 exploded diagram

http://static.photo.net/attachments/...-226453584.jpg

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just a thought.

Double check that the rotating film back isn't partially rotated.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Its nothing to do with anything being overlooked.

The mirror is jammed half way, and so is the mirror lever, the lens is still open, I interrupted the exposure with the mirror return lever and it got jammed, the lens probably has a fault, but now I cant take it off (trying) or return the mirror. >.<

neelin: Thanks saw that in the original thread. Maybe if I can get the bellows off like that I can turn the things manually to reset the lens.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I did a search and the mu is a continuing problem as is the stuck lever, I've got an RB67 Pro S and can't see a way to fix your problem but changing the settings on the lens is something that comes up in the solutions of some of the older threads. One solution is to ask repair center or send it in, I know it's a pain to say the least. Since the lens and body are stuck together it's not just a matter of replacing the body with another one. your have a larger investment there. You will either have to tackle it yourself or send it in to someone with the tools and manuals and knowledge to do it. It may be a simple task for a repairman. Get an estimate and go from there. That's the best advise I can give. Let us know what you do with it.

Best,
    Curt
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Im in Australia, I dont think we have any repair centers that would know how to fix this anymore, we dont have anything.

Id have to track down an individual I'd think.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've got mine out, so ask me what I need to see?
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    On the lens what are the settings on, is it off mirror up and is the dark slide out on the back?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin