Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,932   Posts: 1,522,191   Online: 1122

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

Medium format tube cameras

Was wondering wether anyone else out there share interest in these?

Generally speaking these are often simple cameras, but 6x6 negatives can still give impressive results.

I got another today, a Braun Paxina 29 with a nice, coated Bayreuth Praxar lens, 75mm f:2,9.

Th lens is in excellent condition, the tube locks just fine, focus is fine, (no rangefinder), diaphragm is fine, no oil, but the slow shutterspeeds (B 1- 1/300 sec) below 1/25 second tends to stick. This is no real problem, since I plan on handheld only and 1/25 and above.

Can't wait to put film through!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Got photo?
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Shooter
    Multi Format
    not yet, late at night here

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Where is here Erik? They do sound interesting.
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Shooter
    Multi Format
    yep - one of my favorite cameras (collection wise) - I have 5 or 6 different ones - nearly the full set.. Plus the Agfa Isoly's with the collapsible lens...

Better than a Diana or Holga, but not as good as a Rolleicord.....capable of very good results with a very nice "feel" to them

Have fun!
    A camera is only a black box with a hole in it....

my blog...some film, some digital http://andrewk1965.wordpress.com/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Here is close to Trondheim, Norway over in Europe. We enjoy "summer" this time of the year, today was below 8 C and rain. Anyone needs water?
    :-P

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have several of these critters by now, not Brauns, but general type, Agfa Click II, Dacora Digna, this one and a few others that share space in my bags with SLRs and RF's from time to time. One trick is to bring out the tubulus when photographing people in public space, especially if anyone get hyped up over photo's the sight of one of these brings the guards down and everyone and anyone shares a laugh, especially when they realize I'm serious about making pictures with SUCH a camera!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Erik, I'm from the Pacific Northwest and it's Summer here too but today it looks like rain, on again off again, it's unpredictable here. Washington State, North of Seattle. And no we get more than our share of rain, it's not fair is it, some place are starving for rain and we have a surplus.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Lots of people forgets to make pictures in the rain, drizzle, fog and mystery is just some of the attraction!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've been in both of your back yards, they told me in Seattle that it was a dry rain.
    Gothenburg in August (Sweeden is close enough to Norway) a glorious cloudless day maybe 60 degrees, sorry no celcius translation, and that was a warm day.
    I should have you both come to Florida in August, heat, humidity, maybe even a tropical storm.. Now that's summer.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin